• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

Well this will get the board hopping in the morning....

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.conus.png

Increase in wintry members in the GEPS .. still some support on the GEFS from the same amount of members that have had the event all day and now the euro coming in with a CAD event .. if the high pressure can come in quicker than it’s an even bigger deal. Slow steps but I like that we’re trending this way closer under 200 hours now

Increase in wintry members in the GEPS .. still some support on the GEFS from the same amount of members that have had the event all day and now the euro coming in with a CAD event .. if the high pressure can come in quicker than it’s an even bigger deal. Slow steps but I like that we’re trending this way closer under 200 hours now

I mean a actual 1045 high over NE usually is bank for NC at least....need the low track further south so we get more blue and less red/pink on the map....if that low off the coast the last several frames was 100 miles further east it would help a lot. Still its 10 days out so the big take away is the models trending to strong high over NE that actually hangs out a few days....

Euro has 23-27 degree freezing rain for the piedmont of NC .. yeah again we’re much closer to a CAD event then people may try to make you believe in here.

I mean a actual 1045 high over NE usually is bank for NC at least....need the low track further south so we get more blue and less red/pink on the map....if that low off the coast the last several frames was 100 miles further east it would help a lot. Still its 10 days out so the big take away is the models trending to strong high over NE that actually hangs out a few days....
Yep only reason GFS didn’t show anything was cause it doesn’t see the high pressure at all.. a lot of the GEPS members I saw had a pretty droid high pressure but in all different locations and all different timings as well. Which makes for different events. ICON was the most beautiful in regards to timing though

6z GFS, has close calls of mischief all next week. Then gets its act together late week and on board with the ICON and Euro. The jury will be out still for several days, but the case evidence is building for a legit threat. Stay Tuned

prateptype_cat-imp.conus.png

Euro has 23-27 degree freezing rain for the piedmont of NC .. yeah again we’re much closer to a CAD event then people may try to make you believe in here.
Not trying to be negative, but as good as that high looks, what’s to keep it from sliding out too quickly. It just looks to me like we’re relying on absolute perfect timing and 9 days out we know that usually goes.

Not trying to be negative, but as good as that high looks, what’s to keep it from sliding out too quickly. It just looks to me like we’re relying on absolute perfect timing and 9 days out we know that usually goes.
1675490400-dpA1Mz89kVo.png

No -NAO so nothing to lock in place from a traditional sense, but the 50/50 region is beautiful. Also, and this is a big key, you need timing obviously, but if you have a 1040+ HP the effects will tend to hold on much longer even as the High slides off because of the cold air associated with it in Canada and the CAA from the 50/50 and In-situ CAD. But that is crucial because while we do have snowpack in the Northeast it's situated in the western Northeast like Upstate NY and not the entire region. I tend to be on your side about timing, but your margin for error is a little better in a sense because we aren't working with stagnate cold air in Canada and the CAA feed from the 50/50 region is so large.

Back