• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

View attachment 131332
It would be interesting to do a poll to see who would want to be in the wedge and who would want to be in the orange. I think i know how a few would answer. Without a doubt, I would want to be in the wedge here; keep 60s and especially 70s as far away from me as possible in the heart of "winter."
Pretty interesting this is very close to what actually happened today, at least in SC. GSP had a high of 45, CAE 66, CHS 74!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230125-224454_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230125-224454_Chrome.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 11
Is this good?
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_60.png

The good news (if you can call it that) will be once the Feb 3rd-5th forecast gets resolved we very likely will have a few weeks with zero potential for winter wx to even discuss

Is this good?
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_60.png
Look closely you can see the top edge of the precip is blue in northern AL/GA. If the 1048 moved in tandem with the precip, or even held firm, there would likely be a lot of frozen in the northern fringe. That's a HUGE moisture feed too. Not sure about the speed of the precip feild or the column temps, but just verbatim that's a classic look you hope to see.

Look closely you can see the top edge of the precip is blue in northern AL/GA. If the 1048 moved in tandem with the precip, or even held firm, there would likely be a lot of frozen in the northern fringe. That's a HUGE moisture feed too. Not sure about the speed of the precip feild or the column temps, but just verbatim that's a classic look you hope to see.
LOL. That was tongue-in-cheek. I'll take that look and cash out tonight.

And, that gorgeous high should be crawling ESE from what is shown at 180.
icon_z500_vort_atl_61.png
You can thank that stronger cold push for the further south high pressure. No way that high can resist that large of a cold air mass. Creates the perfect overrunning setup too. Would be nice to see show up with other model runs.

That low is already neutral, we wouldn't want that to go negative for a long time yet or we get the cut with tropical air treatment. Keep it neutral and low. Always a fine line.
I would think it would tend to stay neutral or even weaken as it continues east into that wnw-oriented confluence.

Speculation off a 180-hour model is of course whamby worthy, but there it is anyway.

I would think it would tend to stay neutral or even weaken as it continues east into that wnw-oriented confluence.

Speculation off a 180-hour model is of course whamby worthy, but there it is anyway.
Yea, it's a perfect map... you couldn't draw it up any better for CAD area's. Probably mostly sleet and freezing rain from Atlanta to Columbia... but would be mostly snow along and north of 85, maybe changing to sleet and freezing rain later on... as depicted it was setting up to be a prolonged 24-36hr event.

Maybe not, I’m going to shut the f up
Whether iT shows a storm or not I think we’re heading into the right direction with the storm kicking out faster and there for making the initial storm push have much more moisture
. This is what most of the ensembles have looked like so we will see how it rolls through but can’t hate the way we’re headed tonight. Still long way to go

Back