• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

congrats Wilmington. LOL want take much to get this really where we would love it. little to pos lean still, need SS a shade faster

500hv.conus.png

The difference between being warm/wet & cold/dry in this kind of pattern is incredibly small. Oth, it's about the only pattern that could deliver wintry weather to locales south of I-20 so that's a plus right?!

Good luck trying to find a winter storm in that incredibly tiny sweet spot between warm/wet & cold/dry, with north stream shortwaves moving around the base of the Hudson Bay vortex like it's the Daytona 500.

I thought it was going to try to phase and dig but it's flattening way too quick
Still a solid look. It’s interesting that the ensembles for the euro were active .. wondering if that continues at 12z but I have a feeling we’re much closer to something than some would have you believe in here. We may hit or we may not ??‍♂️ cold shot at least looks to be coming regardless

Still a solid look. It’s interesting that the ensembles for the euro were active .. wondering if that continues at 12z but I have a feeling we’re much closer to something than some would have you believe in here. We may hit or we may not ??‍♂️ cold shot at least looks to be coming regardless
It's not the worst look that we've made fantasies over before. I'd just personally rather take my chances on dumping the cold/trough into the plains and bridging it east with a SER reflection vs bodily charging the trough and cold into the SE and hoping to find moisture. Once the sfc high slides offshore without a secondary cold reinforcement it's toasty

It's not the worst look that we've made fantasies over before. I'd just personally rather take my chances on dumping the cold/trough into the plains and bridging it east with a SER reflection vs bodily charging the trough and cold into the SE and hoping to find moisture. Once the sfc high slides offshore without a secondary cold reinforcement it's toasty
Yeah I agree which is still why I am not expecting anything. Just excited we even get a cold shot and a needle in a haystack chance at something wintry in a pattern like this.

Back