• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

Canadian was heading the same route as the GFS and GEFS just a bit later. You can see we’re being flooded with arctic air from the north and after that cutter passes that cold bleeds east as has been shown for some time now. Also notice that cutoff ridge above Alaska speeding up the flow and preventing dumping out west. This pattern trend if it holds.. has true big dog potential with it for many in the south but I’d be most excited in the order of 1. western upper SE 2. CAD regions 3. Rest of south 413B4992-663D-4AAF-B064-A324F4E57BB0.jpegC3C5D9D7-67A5-4548-9CF7-EF593B8751A8.jpeg6D786BF4-1584-4E84-84A2-57C6C995AF12.jpegF2BB8E19-4C0E-4B7A-A4C9-D1615049AE60.jpeg

240hr Euro looking sexy. Seems like we're increasing confidence for a 4-6 day window where we can score a major event. Anywhere from something riding up the stalled cold front in the 228-264hr timeframe to something coming through several days later with a more ideal high placement for CAD.

1675339200-VroDaPFlCCU.png

1675339200-Vwyy318ZHJg.png

1675339200-Z2TEligeHq4.png

IF this looks hold, you're going to start seeing overrunning events popping up. This is a textbook look with artic air sitting along the border with a nice transition west to east where we get cold arctic air near by and overtop without it being overbearing and squashing everything. Lets see where it goes.

1675339200-VroDaPFlCCU.png

1675339200-Vwyy318ZHJg.png

1675339200-Z2TEligeHq4.png

IF this looks hold, you're going to start seeing overrunning events popping up. This is a textbook look with artic air sitting along the border with a nice transition west to east where we get cold arctic air near by and overtop without it being overbearing and squashing everything. Lets see where it goes.
Gotta be careful with this look imo that stuff in western Canada is a concern

Canadian was heading the same route as the GFS and GEFS just a bit later. You can see we’re being flooded with arctic air from the north and after that cutter passes that cold bleeds east as has been shown for some time now. Also notice that cutoff ridge above Alaska speeding up the flow and preventing dumping out west. This pattern trend if it holds.. has true big dog potential with it for many in the south but I’d be most excited in the order of 1. western upper SE 2. CAD regions 3. Rest of south View attachment 131051View attachment 131050View attachment 131052View attachment 131053

To me, with the location of the ridge out west, and the resultant trough, it still looks to me the surface cold is directed well to the west. Historically I would not expect the cold to get to the east coast, or over the mountains. Maybe later on, some highs scoot east and give us CAD, but I don't see anything that screams winter storm set up.....and it's 10 days away. Hope yes, but I'm not sure I understand the excitement. Maybe I'm missing something.

To me, with the location of the ridge out west, and the resultant trough, it still looks to me the surface cold is directed well to the west. Historically I would not expect the cold to get to the east coast, or over the mountains. Maybe later on, some highs scoot east and give us CAD, but I don't see anything that screams winter storm set up.....and it's 10 days away. Hope yes, but I'm not sure I understand the excitement. Maybe I'm missing something.
It's a decently cold look for us with the 1040+ high moving in. We would probably get 2 days of highs in the 30s with lows well into the teens what happens on the back of this makes all the difference

Back