• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

Having to rely on cold “bleeding” east of the apps with these central/western US centric troughs almost always ends up going bad for us, other then 35-45 degree damming
In a crappy pattern I’ll take any chance we can get certainly a CAD event of some sort isn’t off the table here

In a crappy pattern I’ll take any chance we can get certainly a CAD event of some sort isn’t off the table here
Most of us on this forum are in the business of hope. The only hopeful thing showing is a mighty cold air mass moving into the continent, and we are not fighting stale pacific air but the SE ridge. If we can get a high pressure in the NE to send enough of that air down around a boundary, then something is possible

Nice to see some agreement of some building off of cold air masses here which have the potential to parade into the US .. first stop is going to obviously favor central and western US though. The key would be kicking this out our way. Not impossible but again a heavily favored better scenario for winter precip west of here. 939F21A1-AB5C-45D9-B6E3-E0D71EE460F5.jpegBBC2CFB8-EBD9-4DB7-890D-90E332C040CA.jpeg3175E482-731E-40A6-9133-C58082E5149A.jpeg

Which is usually money for us. But the Aluetian ridge which I assume is La Nina driven is going to ruin it for us
Yeah. It’s weird where the TPV sets up though, the pattern is very tilted, normally with a -PNA regime it’s sets up in central-western Canada or dives down to the PNW. I’m not a fan of it but could be argued that cold bleeds east a little time to time. especially if it ticks south on modeling. Ofc by that I mean it’s nothing compared to the plains, and we’re on the warmer side other then sporadic 40 degree days

IDK. I'd not be starting the tomato plants just yet with this look.

Channeling my inner Bastardi, I see lots of cracks in the artic dam showing up to start Flaming February.

ec-fast_z500a_namer_11.png

IDK. I'd not be starting the tomato plants just yet with this look.

Channeling my inner Bastardi, I see lots of cracks in the artic dam showing up to start Flaming February.

ec-fast_z500a_namer_11.png
I thought about planting my annuals based upon some on this board.
They make it seem as if Winter is dead no more freezing temps nor even frost.
Which is crazy.
Of course this doesn't mean any frozen weather for most.
But at least acknowledge that yes it's going to be warm to very warm but cold temps are not done.

Back