• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

Heck, It might snow right to the end of this epic fantasy run.

gfs_z500_vort_us_49.png

Amazing what some ridging will do at the right time up the west coast of California

I’m not a fan of this pattern and I keep saying that, and I know I’ve been annoying saying that, but what I will say, is that there’s gonna be a lot of cold air in NA with that cutoff ridge north of Alaska, but the tilt of the ridge is very poor. BD731E3F-4EE3-4387-B667-47470632A004.png

As much as I would love this type of thing. We need a lot to go our way. We need the polar vortex to literally park into the Midwest have consistent strong high pressures riding through the north to keep pushing our storm track south and letting that cold air bleed further east and shunt the SER .. of course that clash of warm and cold is what brings on these big time precip events but to get all those pieces to work out for us all the way down here in the SE .. going to be a tall task.

I do think with the general look of having very cold air to our north an overrunning/CAD event on a much lighter scale could be more reasonable for some but we are far from a slam dunk here.

Back