• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

I got a feeling we’re going to get a Miller B at some point during the next 3 weeks. Too much CAD potential already showing up in extended timeframes and CAD beats SER out 9/10 times around here. Problem is it almost certainly will be ice as the upper levels will be above average. As much moisture setting up over the southeast you’re just asking for repeatedly developing 50/50 lows as these things head NE. That’s why I don’t trip about SER flexes because I already know in the Western Carolinas and NEGA we will be sitting under 40 degree grey skies the majority of the time and with some good timing get at least maybe some onset snow to ice

Dropped off to 24.4 last night. They've got IP/ZR in the forecast late tonight and tomorrow morning could I get my 3rd WWA issued? I've been under 2 WWA's so far that I never seen anything but a cold rain. lol

TONIGHT
Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain and sleet after midnight. Cold with lows in the lower 30s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

SUNDAY
Sleet and freezing rain in the morning. Rain. Little or no sleet accumulation. Ice accumulation of up to a tenth of an inch. Highs around 40. East winds around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

It is but you gotta remember for those of us in the western and central Carolinas, we really didn’t get that warm during that period. Lots of CAD. There is a lot of similarities over the next couple weeks to February 1994 that produced that huge ice/sleet storm for the western SE and western/central Carolinas. The SER is flexing, but there is definitely signs of a lot of CAD, and we all know how that ends 95% of the time

Back