• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

Where’s the legit cold View attachment 130770
Don’t know anyone who’s called for legit cold for this time period. Maybe some of the usual twitter weenies actually. But I’m surprised we’re even getting average with how crappy of a pattern we’re suppose to be in. That’s a win in my book average in the heart of winter? I’ll take it for as long as we can keep it before we literally burn to a crisp in February. We’re going to be able to cook eggs on the asphalt!

Hey, what's our SER doing over the Baja? Get lost on 00z Goofus?

gfs_z500a_namer_46.png

Latest GFS kinda reminds me of last Feb. Had a few storms take the similar path showing up on the GFS. Difference though was last Winter, we had a great January so it didn’t sting as bad. Oh well. Weather going to do what the weather wants to do. Southeast ridge basically stiff arms every piece of energy NW of us.

Sheesh GFS keeps us fairly chilly even in this pattern with the amount of cold air right above our heads.. doesn’t take much for it to bleed over to parts of the SE. probably won’t be that stout as it’s 06z run shows but I bet those cold high pressures will throw wrenches in the SE tanning/pool pattern .. unless you live in Florida

Back