• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

View attachment 130633
It’s a miss but this should be watched
December 2017 redux. Could get a big apps rubber though. Trough digs in between the +PNA and Atlantic ridge. Nowhere else to go but to rub. I’d actually welcome that solution. I’ll go skiing again

next weekend
1674993600-TAdJvPw3APk.png

It really does seem like the further west you go in the south, the easier it is to snow. For example, i'm pretty sure it's easier to get snow in Dallas, TX than in Macon, GA, despite being the same latitude.
Because you aren’t relying on one single wind direction for cold air because there are no geographical obstructions like the Appalachian mountains.

From Joe Bastardi: The heartland is going to get blasted with major cold and more snow with this pattern than in December
He has stuck to his forecast despite all the different models the last several weeks. He has said the past 3 weeks when models and forecasts were showing major warm up cold was coming back toward end of Jan. Then relax and comes back March and April. We shall see

He has stuck to his forecast despite all the different models the last several weeks. He has said the past 3 weeks when models and forecasts were showing major warm up cold was coming back toward end of Jan. Then relax and comes back March and April. We shall see
He did say early last week that cold could take hold for the rest of the winter into March without much of a warm up… I still disagree with that as I still think we’ll see at least a couple warm weeks in February. However as Webb showed earlier today, there does appear to be legitimate way to not see that much of a warm up or at least a shorter one.

1674082058603-png.130633

For those of us East of the Apps (and NGA) the glaring missing ingredient here is a HP to the north of us. Give us a 1032 in Western NY or 1030 in PA and we've got some cold air anchored in with a true overrunning scenario, and push that L down to SAV to JXV. That would be a beaut verbatim.

1674082058603-png.130633

For those of us East of the Apps (and NGA) the glaring missing ingredient here is a HP to the north of us. Give us a 1032 in Western NY or 1030 in PA and we've got some cold air anchored in with a true overrunning scenario, and push that L down to SAV to JXV. That would be a beaut verbatim.
Sometimes it just doesn’t want to snow here. It would rather punch us in the teeth. Repeatedly 945C3242-AF83-4F6E-A000-F32DFC3F76C5.gif

Back