• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

Is it about to bomb out and then slide into the 50/50 position?
Ding Ding
500h_anom.conus.png

1674907200-7yZWTdzJnS4.png

This is why trying to cancel winter in the middle of January is foolish. These models are terribly variant. In fact the only sure thing I know after the last 3-4 years is that I know these models are going to flip around repeatedly and that it's never as good or bad as it appears. Things have trended better in the extended and that's all you can hope for. Now at a minimum I think we've trended well enough that we are going to get a lot of CAD type of days to fight off any torch. And the pieces for a potential winter storm are on the table which is all you can ask for. Some areas are better situated than others in the juncture. Western areas (TX,LA, Ark, West Tennessee, West Mississippi) and CAD friendly areas of VA, NC, SC, and NEGA have the most ways to score something frozen, but the players are there for everyone on the board to hit.

Just about every bounce has gone in favor of a something potentially showing up near month's end (esp a CAD event).

Cautiously optimistic. Wish I had been paying more attention to the short-term, I think I get too far-sighted on the long range sometimes
We'll forgive you for the coming February torch if we all get blasted 01/31 and an encore 03/01. ;)

Back