• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nicole

980-985. Just not sure how quickly it's going to shed the non tropical characteristics and go to town. If the system were an independent tropical system and an independent upper low we could end up with a Kate 1985 scenario but I don't think we get that here
I would agree with that. Maybe a 70-80 mph system

1:00 AM EST Tue Nov 8
...AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTERS INVESTIGATING THE LARGE WIND FIELD OF NICOLE...

recon_AF303-0417A-NICOLE.png

Euro,Ukmet,GFS all paint 1.7-2.0 qpf here for MBY. Euro an ukmet right on top of each other with inland track. GFS within 75 miles , but lining up.

Hurricane watches up and probably get updated to warnings later today. Looking more and more tropical, nice little burst of convection right over the center and it accelerates quickly after lf getting out of here by Saturday morning

115242_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Hurricane watches up and probably get updated to warnings later today. Looking more and more tropical, nice little burst of convection right over the center and it accelerates quickly after lf getting out of here by Saturday morning

115242_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
That is a very wide field to the north of the center. If that continues you would be seeing TS force winds to about Myrtle Beach… even as it’s making landfall in central Florida

That is a very wide field to the north of the center. If that continues you would be seeing TS force winds to about Myrtle Beach… even as it’s making landfall in central Florida
I wonder if we will see that taper off as it consolidates more and becomes full on tropical, however, it's still going to be extremely breezy along the coast thanks to pressure gradient anyway.

I wonder if we will see that taper off as it consolidates more and becomes full on tropical, however, it's still going to be extremely breezy along the coast thanks to pressure gradient anyway.
I would expect it to shrink some, but I also expect that it will be making its transition to extra-tropical by the time it’s making landfall

Back