• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Lee

Moving very fast as well. Of course it may be 600 miles east tonight

ecmwf_mslp_pcpn_neus_58.png

First trough entices the north movement but it's faster and weaker so the system stays NW to N vs any east movement. The 2nd trough across the US is deeper the Atlantic ridge responds and the system accelerates NNW into the NE
Aren't you at a football game? ??

Something to note… with the weaker system we have now and not really forecasted a couple days, it’s more possible for the storm to go further west initially and stay further south were doesn’t get pulled completely away by the trough. That looks like what the 12z EURO did.

This thing's practically moving W per recon. Not sure if it's a wobble or it really is drifting more and more west than expected. Going to be interesting to watch but I'm wondering if the weakness is going to keep it from going poleward as fast as expected, hence the runs with a NE hit on some modeling.

This thing's practically moving W per recon. Not sure if it's a wobble or it really is drifting more and more west than expected. Going to be interesting to watch but I'm wondering if the weakness is going to keep it from going poleward as fast as expected, hence the runs with a NE hit on some modeling.
Be something if it stayed weak and went far enough west, then strengthens and then makes a US hit

18z gefs had a strike on NC for the first time in a long time too, albeit just one member

Definitely more members hitting New England now. The slower trend definitely is increasing the threatAL13_2023091012_GEFS_large.png

So more and more it's looking like Lee will visit New England....anyone have a general time frame? I don't mind the rain, it's the winds that knock us around up here!!! Fingers crossed it fishes out!

Back