• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Lee

I'm liking that east trend of the whole storm but still wary of it. I live at the old naval base housing and we have some amazing tidal rises and falls in normal months, I will.be excited to see what it does with this storm.
Euro actually shows it paying you a visit, weaker, probably transitioning but fairly large wind field could make for a few gusty days around there for you

1694546880199.gif

Euro actually shows it paying you a visit, weaker, probably transitioning but fairly large wind field could make for a few gusty days around there for you

View attachment 136988
Oh no.....well if it drives out the humidity we have been having I'll take the weaker winds....I don't really want 80+mph like we had this past winter! I hope it weakens and make a nice gentle breeze! I am so grateful for you guys because it seems the crazy weather I left in GA has followed me to Maine! Keep up the good work and ya'll all rock!

18z euro is west with Lee at 90hrs and its moving NW

18z
ecmwf_mslp_pcpn_neus_30.png

12z

ecmwf_mslp_pcpn_neus_32.png

A Hurricane Watch has been issued for portions of down-east Maine
from Stonington to the U.S./Canada border.
Yup just saw it. Someone posted the Euro earlier today and the eye was tracking through Jonesport/Beals Island which is about 25-30 miles driving distance from Cutler. We have already started preparing for power outages (sometimes the wrong drop of rain can crash it) ? and are also making sure we have water stocked (gotta love having a well and no generator) to flush and wash hands and such! Still crossing my fingers that Lee turns more easterly as the next two days go by!

He looks to have taken on a more easterly component already. Wouldn't be surprised to see bermudas impacts escalated if it continues.

It honestly looks like a decoupling system that's starting to undergo transition based on simple satellite presentation

Pretty crazy

NOAA Buoy 44011 located about 210 miles (335 km) north of the center
has recently reported a peak one-minute sustained wind of 47 mph (76
km/hr) and a gust of 67 mph (107 km/hr).

Well lost power about an hour ago, winds have been howling since about midnight and rain seems to be less in my area for now. We prepped like we did for the last bad windstorm we had so now we just get to wait it out! Can't see the bay or I would take pics of the swells (I'm in the third row condos from the bay) so I'll just wait to take pictures of the trees that hopefully won't fall! So far my puppy is not impressed, he just wants to play! Yall have a great day and cross your fingers that the line workers get a break and are safe when they start fixing the power lines!

Good news, the power came back on and seems like it will stay on. There were some high gusts of wind but nothing like I experienced back in December when the power was out for Christmas Eve and Day. Lots of flooding, fallen trees, and the power company shows around 19k still without power. I'm glad this storm is on the way out, thanks for all the awesome updates and such throughout it!

Back