• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Laura (Post Landfall & Inland Effects)

Those clouds are booking it. Kind of cool to see, even though we probably aren't going to get any significant weather.

Those clouds are booking it. Kind of cool to see, even though we probably aren't going to get any significant weather.
Wind profiles sure support it and sbcape is actually a little higher than forecast but I'm no severe weather guy and I'm sure there's another parameter that will limit severe development. Lapse rates seem meager, maybe that's the issue or maybe things actually go boom this way later.....I'm really not sure haha

Wind profiles sure support it and sbcape is actually a little higher than forecast but I'm no severe weather guy and I'm sure there's another parameter that will limit severe development. Lapse rates seem meager, maybe that's the issue or maybe things actually go boom this way later.....I'm really not sure haha
Yeah wind profiles are healthy but forcing is meager and vertical acceleration is going to be lacking, for the most part.

Have to say the 0z CAMs 6z NAMs and even 12z HRRR are doing a pretty cruddy job vs reality. This initial band approaching us1 will likely stabilize things but it's coming in early. It'll be gone by noon and we may be back into sun. As the actual trough axis approaches later today we might see things line up

Have to say the 0z CAMs 6z NAMs and even 12z HRRR are doing a pretty cruddy job vs reality. This initial band approaching us1 will likely stabilize things but it's coming in early. It'll be gone by noon and we may be back into sun. As the actual trough axis approaches later today we might see things line up
6z Nam is dry as a bone. I hate that model. So much.

Yeah it just evaporated all the rain at like 3 hrs. The radar is actually far more impressive than I expected with the showers back to the mountains.
It's really astounding to me that with all of the technology available today, that is the best we can do from a mesoscale weather model standpoint.

Back