• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Laura (Post Landfall & Inland Effects)

CAMS show most action in ENC

Meh, CAMS have been well, meh as of late. I still stand by original thoughts. most NC has a shot at everything. The Apps will have more constant wind gusts but anyone east of the foothills stands a better chance of damaging wind gust and isolated tornadoes. Although. that is all dependent on how Laura and the front interact.

CAMS show most action in ENC
Seems to be Rah NWS thinking as well.... come on down east but I'll warn you, it ain't as easy to chase around here as you might think. Too many trees...

From NWS AFD:
Regardless, any storms that form will almost certainly be rotating
given the anomalously high shear and an isolated tornado cannot be
ruled out. This thinking is in line with SPC`s Day 2 outlook as
well. Today`s 00Z HREF is hinting at the greatest severe threat
across the Northeast Piedmont, Sandhills, and Coastal Plain and we
will continue to message the potential for active weather on
Saturday.

Seems to be Rah NWS thinking as well.... come on down east but I'll warn you, it ain't as easy to chase around here as you might think. Too many trees...

From NWS AFD:
Regardless, any storms that form will almost certainly be rotating
given the anomalously high shear and an isolated tornado cannot be
ruled out. This thinking is in line with SPC`s Day 2 outlook as
well. Today`s 00Z HREF is hinting at the greatest severe threat
across the Northeast Piedmont, Sandhills, and Coastal Plain and we
will continue to message the potential for active weather on
Saturday.
Thinking ima go around the Sandhills right now, although if it looks meh there I’ll go further East

Nah you need to head up toward @metwannabe too much debris clouds and too early of an arrival in the sandhills

Living in greenville I've always had good chasing territory. You can catch them crossing highway 11 either north or south of town and 264 if they are more south to north. All have good open views.

Nah you need to head up toward @metwannabe too much debris clouds and too early of an arrival in the sandhills
Living in greenville I've always had good chasing territory. You can catch them crossing highway 11 either north or south of town and 264 if they are more south to north. All have good open views.

If he comes up this way, he will have better opportunity in eastern part of my county or better yet as Shaggy mentioned around Greenville or anywhere Hwy 258 east from Greenville north all the way to state line. Some flat lands and wide open fields in there but be careful and take heed, lots of cell phone dead zones in there.

If TN and AL can get severe storms this early on with extensive cloud cover and debris, the there is no reason why we don’t stand a chance to see something as well. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPC is even mentioning a possibility of upgrading part of the slight risk region today.

Remnants of Laura
Isolated to scattered thunderstorms are expected to occur across this region through tonight, some of which will be supercells capable of producing tornadoes. Sometimes the most prolific tornado day of a tropical cyclone is in the inland-decay phase, as clearing over remaining favorable low-level shear allows sufficient destabilization to support sustained supercells. That may occur here, and an upgrade could be needed if a mesoscale area of heightened potential becomes better apparent during the day.

If TN and AL can get severe storms this early on with extensive cloud cover and debris, the there is no reason why we don’t stand a chance to see something as well. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it has to do with the strength of the system today, more robust and still intact as opposed to what it will be tomorrow. Plus as @BufordWX just posted from the SPC, today is a better day due to a TC in inland-decay phase and "as clearing over remaining favorable low-levl shear allows sufficient destabilization", so they still need that clearing which I feel they will get. As of right now I don't see any severe storms out there yet, that will change with daytime clearing/heating, will we need that tomorrow.

I think it has to do with the strength of the system today, more robust and still intact as opposed to what it will be tomorrow. Plus as @BufordWX just posted from the SPC, today is a better day due to a TC in inland-decay phase and "as clearing over remaining favorable low-levl shear allows sufficient destabilization", so they still need that clearing which I feel they will get. As of right now I don't see any severe storms out there yet, that will change with daytime clearing/heating, will we need that tomorrow.
Well, there is a tornado warning in northern Mississippi now. So, things look to be starting up there.A6707297-BF80-4641-BF1F-6B1CDE0C0449.png

Well, there is a tornado warning in northern Mississippi now. So, things look to be starting up there.View attachment 47588
Some decent rotation with that storm. I think tornado potential will reside in that area or northwest alabama/ tennessee. If the clouds continue to thin out and instability rises

Back