• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Jose

The Euro is MUCH closer to the coast with Jose than the other models/NHC... kind of interesting

at 96 they're hundreds of miles apart and on the Euro its freaky close to Long Island while the GFS has already moved east of Cape Cod

Last edited:
Jose seems to be getting stronger than initially predicted at this point. He will be at 90 mph at 11, and the Hurricane Hunters found winds stronger than that in their flight. What could this mean for Jose? I think it will result in a more northern movement and have less of a curve, but I have no idea if that would happen or not.

NHC seems to be getting closer to showing a loop, but I don't think they are certain. Jose also seems to be a bit west of the track.

The hurricane is moving northward at 8 kt on the west side of a
subtropical ridge. This motion is expected to continue for 2 to 3
days while the steering pattern persists. Thereafter, a trough
currently over central Canada is expected to move eastward and
should cause Jose to turn to the northeast and east at a slow
forward speed in the 3- to 5-day time frame. The NHC track
forecast has been shifted slightly to the left of the previous one,
mainly because of the more westward initial position.
145546_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

This has got to be one of the most interesting and yet frustrating synoptic patterns think I've ever seen reference to TC's. If the euro is correct I eventually get a visit from tropical storm Jose

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jose is very lackluster atm, hardly any flight level winds that get to 65 knots, much less surface winds that get much above 55 KTS...
View attachment 1295
Winds are either in the further out parts or Jose is about to die. Meanwhile, Lee is looking a bit better, but still bad. That storm may hold out longer than we think.

Winds are either in the further out parts or Jose is about to die. Meanwhile, Lee is looking a bit better, but still bad. That storm may hold out longer than we think.
Jose looks sub-tropicalish or some type of hybrid system, I'd be willing to bet the strongest winds are away from the center... going to be interesting to see if it can regain the strength models have been suggesting, the ec depends on it for once

GFS initializing Jose lower and strengthening it. I think that we are being deceived unless he somehow strengthens, which given the organization, seems impossible.
20 mb drop in 24 hours on the GFS, seen this before.... yeah don't be deceived by the GFS and it's insane pressures which obviously has a factor on Maria's future track

Is there really hurricane force winds being observed in Jose right now? It looks like an extra-tropical storm/typical Nor'Easter. It's clearly funneling in a lot of dry air on the southside.

Back