• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Jose

JB said its still a threat to his forecast region, so it's still a threat ! :)

I see 12z GFS shifted ever so slightly east..... btw from NHC, pretty much shows you why Webb and I about the only one's interested in Jose Lol
145119_earliest_reasonable_toa_no_wsp_34.png

I see 12z GFS shifted ever so slightly east..... btw from NHC, pretty much shows you why Webb and I about the only one's interested in Jose Lol
145119_earliest_reasonable_toa_no_wsp_34.png
Lol, I'm still interested in watching the storm too. The GFS, even though east, seems still just as strong. A slight adjustment west with the ridge and we could see a Cape Cod area hit.

Lol, I'm still interested in watching the storm too. The GFS, even though east, seems still just as strong. A slight adjustment west with the ridge and we could see a Cape Cod area hit.
Lol I know, in fact, if the board wasn't storm warn out from Harvey and Irma we'd probably have to go live thread mode... and agreed any west jog brings Cape Cod in play but also the OBX with some high surf, beach erosion, rough seas to say the least

Last edited:
Lol I know, in fact, if the board wasn't storm warn out from Harvey and Irma we'd probably have to go live thread mode... and agreed any west jog brings Cape Cod in play but also the OBX with some high surf, beach erosion, rough seas to say the least
If 96L becomes a threat, we will really be worn out. Glad Jose isn't going to be even a close call for us here in the SE.

If 96L becomes a threat, we will really be worn out. Glad Jose isn't going to be even a close call for us here in the SE.
OBX is the SE and still too early to say not a close call for them.... it's my favorite place on earth and I have many friends/family that either live there or have places there. But I get what your saying for the most part it's not a SE threat

Here we go again, going south after having its escape to post tropical cut off. How likely even is it that something plays out this way?
Webb or someone who knows far more than I should weigh in on this but it appears to me if Jose interacts more with the trough and transitions to ET then it actually becomes a bigger threat to the ME or NE (tugged west, expanding wind field, etc.) but if it misses that as the GFS does then it's around for a while.

941 mb

0000UTC 19.09.2017 108 32.7N 74.8W 947 73
1200UTC 19.09.2017 120 34.4N 74.8W 941 76
0000UTC 20.09.2017 132 36.6N 74.5W 942 74

Back