• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Helene

The word “west” has been used a lot lately on this board. Why do you guys from Atlanta to western Bama want this thing? A little morbid. I know this is banter but most of these post now are with wishcasting.

I for one don’t want this thing. The ICON could make all the others look stupid for all I care.

The word “west” has been used a lot lately on this board. Why do you guys from Atlanta to western Bama want this thing? A little morbid. I know this is banter but most of these post now are with wishcasting.
I absolutely do not want it at all but I need to be on top of the changes to keep my family and home protected as much as possible.

I’m in the bullseye and um I don’t want it. Take it “east” to the Atlantic. I’ll keep my power and trees absolutely save my wishcasting for winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I promise you most of us don’t want the hassle of flooded roads and no power for days. The reality is it’s likely ATL is likely going to get the worst of the wind and rain and boy it’s going to suck

You realize that the ICON is the ONLY model showing this doing anything other than west GA/east AL right? Its not wishcasting when you want nothing to do with the storm, but everything is pointing at the same solution.

Just looking at the Satellite it already looks like a 80-90mph Hurricane. It's really getting that look of a storm that will have a clearing eye within in the next 12 hours
i think the hot towers/convection is so vigorous that it may take a little longer than usual. maybe a dimple or two but i don't think we'll get a clear eye until tomorrow

Huh? I wouldn’t call it wish casting when the latest ensemble modeling has Helene tracking on the west end of previous guidance. I don’t think anyone necessarily wants this storm over their backyard. We’re just looking at the reality of the situation.

1727272488606.png

Back