• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Helene

Got tons of Family in Valdosta GA. Also right on Lake Chatuge which is on NC, GA line. Most worried about the mountain ones right now. They have drained the lake down supposedly. Absoloute Beatifull area if you ever get the chance. Caught the leaf out at its peak 2 years ago, riding back. Cant be beat.

Where does this come from? I’m confused when all these posts showing models now going up east GA towards SC? Was it the Icon?
The graph shown above is the spaghetti plot thats on Tropical Tidbits of the hurricane models. The other ones you've likely seen going more east are in house models from local mets. I've seen many of them sharing their in house models which have had helene going farther east

Where does this come from? I’m confused when all these posts showing models now going up east GA towards SC? Was it the Icon?

These are the actual hurricane models and honestly when they are bunched like that, they are good.

Still think they need to return the GFDL.

I know it’s just for fun, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the 3km NAM go below 885mb before. Wonder if there’s some theoretical max programmed in. Apparently not.
I think it went to 882mb 24 hours before Michael made landfall. That ended up being 918mb. So yeah it’s definitely overdone, but even if you add 40mb it’s still high end cat 4

Too many icon and HAFS A postings skew the reality all models have been coming west slowly that we're east. I'm expecting the brunt of the storm here or N GA between the training storms and the gusts as the eye approaches its going to be rough.

Back