• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Wouldn’t the slowing coming into the Florida coast, cause weakening due to upwelling?

Should be more accurate in the morning. With weather balloon and recon information going into the models. The new sampling should give us a more accurate track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be more accurate in the morning. With weather balloon and recon information going into the models. The new sampling should give us a more accurate track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bump - but it should have been more accurate before now ... except with these things, one never knows, so here's on to 11:00, 5:00,and then ...

Wouldn’t the slowing coming into the Florida coast, cause weakening due to upwelling?

If I’m not mistaken, water temps at 80 degrees goes pretty deep in those waters near the eastern FL coast and plus it’s part of the Gulf Stream

If I’m not mistaken, water temps at 80 degrees goes pretty deep in those waters near the eastern FL coast and plus it’s part of the Gulf Stream
Not to mention it would have to stall out for some time for upwelling to commence and have any effect

The HMON must've found some crack because it's saying a cat 5 in 24 hours.
hmon_mslp_wind_05L_9.png

NHC track and most models have Dorian crossing 25N 75W, right on that point.... I'm using it as a point of reference, atm still looks to be moving n or nw. If this crosses 25N east of 75W it will be close to slowing/turning prior to landfall imo.

Back