• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

I wouldnt normally get caught up in one run but there were ensemble members ots on the eps and ukmet too which is more making me wonder

Now it could just be a fluke but we'll have to see if the center reformation really did that much its possible anyway

It would be funny if this is Joaquin 2.0.

The 18Z GEFS is a huge shift in terms of main threat areas vs the prior 3+ runs. Whereas the prior 3 runs emphasized a direct hit on the east coast of FL south of Daytona and then into the Gulf, the 18Z emphasizes the entire SE coast FL-NC for direct hits and even has 2-3 that skirt the SE coast and never make landfall similar to the 18Z GFS Legacy. The Gulf threat is much lower on this run. Maybe just maybe the trend will continue such that there isn't a direct SE hit? We can only hope although I wouldn't bet on this yet due to the tendency of SE ridging to be stronger than model projections.

The euro will be interesting see if it trends north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but it went OTS despite some models insistent on a US strike

A huge euro vs gfs battle
If any storm goes OTS, then ... :D:p:cool: ... but the set up is so different was/is my question/point ... nothing more or less ...

HWRF shows that once Dorian gets convection wrapping around it, it takes off and pressure falls quick as the core warms up

Living in Charlotte, if the cone is anywhere near Charlotte everyone buys their milk sandwiches. On a serious note I’m not a fan of this trend. Also, I hate comparing storms as much as the next guy but am I the one getting some Hugo vibes?

Living in Charlotte, if the cone is anywhere near Charlotte everyone buys their milk sandwiches. On a serious note I’m not a fan of this trend. Also, I hate comparing storms as much as the next guy but am I the one getting some Hugo vibes?
Not even close to Hugo dude I’m not even that far fetched.

Hugo was massive; this is but a corn on the toe by comparison at present ...

Besides there is a large swath of modeling for the Sandhills east in NC with little to no impact Charlotte west. Way too far out to worry.

Back