• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Delta (Post landfall & inland effects)

From WRAL

Tornado is on the ground in Columbus County about 13 miles southeast of Whiteville. It's moving northeast at 20 mph. There's debris also showing up on the radar.

From WRAL

Damage from a possible Tornado 1 Mile north of Conway, SC. Multiple structures are damaged with significant damage done to a home on Oak St.

One person suffered minor injuries. For the weather enthusiasts out there, this shows that you do not need the strongest tornado vortex signature to produce a tornado.

FB_IMG_1602457526225.jpg

FB_IMG_1602457532436.jpg

6.6 inches will just about be the final total back in Buford. What a wild system this was. Never thought Sally would be beat out for wettest tropical system in Buford this year.
Had a few more showers back home today that has pushed the total up to 7.09”. I assume that will be the final storm total. Honestly wish I was there to witness it. Lol

There were a total of 6 Tornados reports in Metro Atlanta, including 2 here in Newnan.

It seems mainly the northern and western part of town was impacted (I'm on the eastside).

Tornado Reports (CSV) (Raw Tornado CSV)(?)
TimeLocationCountyStateLatLonComments
20091 NE PORTERDALENEWTONGA33588388*** 2 INJ *** A TORNADO TRACKED FROM THE INTERSECTION OF WASHING ST SW AND FLAT SHOALS ROAD TO TURNER LAKE CIRCLE CAUSING TREE AND STRUCTURAL DAMAGE ALONG ITS PATH. (FFC)
22221 SW NEWNANCOWETAGA33378481NEWNAN HIGHSCHOOL SUSTAINED STRUCTURAL DAMAGE FROM THE RESULT OF A TORNADO. (FFC)
22223 N NEWNANCOWETAGA33418479TREES DOWN ACROSS HOWARD HUGHES RD MAKING IT IMPASSABLE. (FFC)
22281 NNE HILLTOPPIKEGA33118443MULTIPLE TREES DOWN NEAR THE 800TH BLOCK OF BOTTOMS ROAD EXTENDING ACROSS TO WEST RD. (FFC)
00133 WNW BELMONTDEKALBGA33738422FOUR LARGE TREES WERE REPORTED DOWN ALONG OAK VALLEY ROAD SOUTH OF GLENWOOD RD. (FFC)
00422 SSE PLEASANT HILLGWINNETTGA33918410MULTIPLE TREES DOWN ALONG THE 3500TH BLOCK OF LAWRENCEVILLE HWY. (FFC)

Wind Reports (CSV) (Raw Wind CSV)(?)
TimeSpeedLocationCountyStateLatLonComments
0042UNK2 SSE PLEASANT HILLGWINNETTGA33918410MULTIPLE TREES DOWN ALONG THE 3500TH BLOCK OF LAWRENCEVILLE HWY. (FFC)
0051UNK1 WNW SNELLVILLEGWINNETTGA33868403TREES DOWN NEAR CRESCENT DRIVE AND TANGLEWOOD DRIVE. (FFC)
Where did you find this information?

Measured 5.03 inches of rain in Decatur on Saturday, with most of it coming Saturday evening as the tornado-warned cell approached from the south. Got 4.65in from Sally last month. Didn't think the track of Delta would lend itself to the intense precip and give me more, but I'll be damned if it didn't. At least I can leave the sprinkler in the shed for a few days.

Back