• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Delta (Post landfall & inland effects)

There were a total of 6 Tornados reports in Metro Atlanta, including 2 here in Newnan.

It seems mainly the northern and western part of town was impacted (I'm on the eastside).

TimeLocationCountyStateLatLonComments
Tornado Reports (CSV) (Raw Tornado CSV)(?)
20091 NE PORTERDALENEWTONGA33588388*** 2 INJ *** A TORNADO TRACKED FROM THE INTERSECTION OF WASHING ST SW AND FLAT SHOALS ROAD TO TURNER LAKE CIRCLE CAUSING TREE AND STRUCTURAL DAMAGE ALONG ITS PATH. (FFC)
22221 SW NEWNANCOWETAGA33378481NEWNAN HIGHSCHOOL SUSTAINED STRUCTURAL DAMAGE FROM THE RESULT OF A TORNADO. (FFC)
22223 N NEWNANCOWETAGA33418479TREES DOWN ACROSS HOWARD HUGHES RD MAKING IT IMPASSABLE. (FFC)
22281 NNE HILLTOPPIKEGA33118443MULTIPLE TREES DOWN NEAR THE 800TH BLOCK OF BOTTOMS ROAD EXTENDING ACROSS TO WEST RD. (FFC)
00133 WNW BELMONTDEKALBGA33738422FOUR LARGE TREES WERE REPORTED DOWN ALONG OAK VALLEY ROAD SOUTH OF GLENWOOD RD. (FFC)
00422 SSE PLEASANT HILLGWINNETTGA33918410MULTIPLE TREES DOWN ALONG THE 3500TH BLOCK OF LAWRENCEVILLE HWY. (FFC)

TimeSpeedLocationCountyStateLatLonComments
Wind Reports (CSV) (Raw Wind CSV)(?)
0042UNK2 SSE PLEASANT HILLGWINNETTGA33918410MULTIPLE TREES DOWN ALONG THE 3500TH BLOCK OF LAWRENCEVILLE HWY. (FFC)
0051UNK1 WNW SNELLVILLEGWINNETTGA33868403TREES DOWN NEAR CRESCENT DRIVE AND TANGLEWOOD DRIVE. (FFC)

Tornado warning Spartanburg! ??

After this batch of heavy rain moves out of the metro we should begin to see some clearing according to visible satellite. Some modest instability and some dryer air coupled with some helicity should set the stage for a couple of tornadoes warned storms later on this afternoon/evening. Although, I don't see it being as widespread as what GA saw yesterday.

6.6 inches will just about be the final total back in Buford. What a wild system this was. Never thought Sally would be beat out for wettest tropical system in Buford this year.

6.6 inches will just about be the final total back in Buford. What a wild system this was. Never thought Sally would be beat out for wettest tropical system in Buford this year.
Going into this I was thinking maybe an inch or two of rain since the storm was going to be so far west. Guess the banding was just right and we got soaked instead. Picked up an extra quarter inch this morning so I personally would say a reasonable number here would be 6" or just under.

2.63" and I swear a lot of that 2.63" came this morning. It was absolutely pouring earlier in the morning. Did rain at night, but it didn't rain that hard I think last night.

Somehow I think my brain combined the downpour with a dream about how my backyard was flooding, but that turned out to not be the case.

Now the sun is out and it's hot and humid, and I'll likely go walk in it since the days are getting shorter, fun.

Going into this I was thinking maybe an inch or two of rain since the storm was going to be so far west. Guess the banding was just right and we got soaked instead. Picked up an extra quarter inch this morning so I personally would say a reasonable number here would be 6" or just under.
I think models made a last minute shift to the East. The SPC on Friday only barely had the marginal risk extending into Georgia and most of the action in Alabama. WPC didn’t even have a marginal risk of excessive rainfall in Atlanta for Saturday at first. This event caught a lot by surprise I think.

Hope folks around Charlotte are keeping an eye on the weather. Looks like the storms are headed that way.

Back