• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

wow what a rough couple of days. we had the remmants of a post tropical cyclone come over our area saturday. i have never seen the wind blow so hard for so long of a time. it had to of been 60-70 mph for at least an hour. My county is a disaster area. Trees and power lines down everywhere. im talking about huge trees uprooted. It looks like a huge tornado came through. I got power back this morning but there are many more without power still. Im so curious what caused the high winds because there was no thunder and barely any rain so unbelievably strong winds

wow what a rough couple of days. we had the remmants of a post tropical cyclone come over our area saturday. i have never seen the wind blow so hard for so long of a time. it had to of been 60-70 mph for at least an hour. My county is a disaster area. Trees and power lines down everywhere. im talking about huge trees uprooted. It looks like a huge tornado came through. I got power back this morning but there are many more without power still. Im so curious what caused the high winds because there was no thunder and barely any rain so unbelievably strong winds
To add to this, there were a number of over turned Semi's between Jackson and Nashville right at the Tennessee river during this time. I wasn't able to observe the weather much as I was attending a Wedding in Yuma but it was blustery to say the least.

This is the NAM forecast from Sat 12Z at 16Z. Raging 850 MB winds. Something must have mixed them down?
1572290537100.png

Last edited:
12z Euro looks good for North GA folks

DT1.png

Snippet from GSP AFD this afternoon! Thursday might be a rough severe day for the Carolinas and Ga!FA0CCF5F-236E-4335-91F1-6424460CE8A8.png

It takes January and February.
I remember back in January of 2010 there was a trough so deep it carried a cold front all the way down to Jamaica. It happens, but my thinking is Miami only gets cool fronts when the troughs can really dig, if the pattern's right. And the SE Ridge has got to be quashed to make that happen!

Thursday Halloween Special perhaps the Severe weather outlook for parts of Alabama and Georgia have been ticking upward. The 3k nam has caps around 750-1200 through day at times and STP reaching 2-3 model watching today for sure

What a way to end October, matches this thread title perfectly.

View attachment 25022

Nice setup to end out with a bang when it comes to severe weather, timing of the line may help cape values enter the 1000-1500 range along with maxed out shear parameters but forcing is linear altho surface winds back a little bit so QLCS spinups is possible, low level hodographs are solid to, cape is skinny but enough, it’s that type of day where your gonna tell by a severe storm with its lightning production, most “storms” will likely be heavy rain showers with strong winds and low clouds due to low LCLs altho a stronger line segment or rotating storm may present lightning 5671A909-AD3C-4DE5-A50C-AEA045BB45D3.png893212E9-DED8-432F-A8F0-B4A6848F328A.png

And we started the month with upper 90s ha

...FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT
THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...Sub-freezing temperatures in the mid to upper 20s
possible in rural areas and near 30 possible in urban areas.

* WHERE...Portions of north central and northeast Texas west of I-35
and north of I-30.

* WHEN...From late Wednesday night through Thursday morning.

Surprise!!! The big rain totals aren’t going to happen!! That’s atleast 0-4 for the models in my area! What hot , steamy , dumps they are! This is like the next 10 days TOTAL!☹️0546482C-3818-4A80-8A0F-AA41F7D55E48.png

Back