• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

Eastern NC under a level 2 threat tomorrow for severe storms. Level 1 threat for me.
FB_IMG_1572118925752.jpg

THERE’S NO E IN SMOKY MOUNTAINS!

???

Sorry man, I had to vent. That’s been one of my biggest pet peeves ever since I was in a Cracker Barrel in Asheville and saw them selling GSMNP branded gear and it was spelled incorrectly.

Gorgeous pictures however!

Haha so funny because I’ve seen stores named “Smokey mountains.” Actually was over in grandfather mountain anyway today so fixed that ??

Eastern NC under a level 2 threat tomorrow for severe storms. Level 1 threat for me.
View attachment 24922
Wouldn't be entirely surprised to wake up to some storms early tomorrow. The second shot comes late in the afternoon but it's really similar to the last severe threat with a thin broken line of convection where one or 2 cells could really get going

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Overall I'd say this has been a Hotober. No freezes for most of us outside the mountains. Record heat to start the month, and some areas even hit 100. Even tonight has a muggy-ish feel to it.

70 degree dewpoint right now... Ugh go away, forever. At least until May. At least it won't last but a few more hours.

never got out of the 40s yesterday(which was a record lowest max), today almost hit 70 with sunshine, tomorrow may push 80, and then we start crashing down again, talk of a possible freeze for Halloween(which could be a top 10 earliest freeze if it happens), crazy stuff

the airport has almost erased the above normal anomalies this month and after Monday most of this week is gonna be way below again

Last edited:
Gonna be a Texas winter... storm track favoring north Texas, Ark, mid-south, Kentucky. Dallas hits the single digits more than once. San Antonio sees accumulating snow. Dallas gets one or two 6 inch storms, East Tn gets marginal cold, and possibly snowy towards mountains and higher valley locations. CHA, hit or miss. Gotta get lucky with Dec or Jan slider. Winter over Feb 1, for most of the South. Both Carolinas are in for a weepy time in the snow/cold department. Zero rationale for this forecast, pure gut feeling.

Gonna be a Texas winter... storm track favoring north Texas, Ark, mid-south, Kentucky. Dallas hits the single digits more than once. San Antonio sees accumulating snow. Dallas gets one or two 6 inch storms, East Tn gets marginal cold, and possibly snowy towards mountains and higher valley locations. CHA, hit or miss. Gotta get lucky with Dec or Jan slider. Winter over Feb 1, for most of the South. Both Carolinas are in for a weepy time in the snow/cold department. Zero rationale for this forecast, pure gut feeling.

well we haven't seen more than a trace since 2015 so that would be fitting :p

The wedge will save the Carolinas !

Wouldn't be entirely surprised to wake up to some storms early tomorrow. The second shot comes late in the afternoon but it's really similar to the last severe threat with a thin broken line of convection where one or 2 cells could really get going

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sure feels suspect out there this morning, gusty south winds, temp 71 and DP 71

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Most every rain event /bullseye, has shifted NW or W, with the heaviest rain, inside 3-4 days the last few weeks! Here’s one that won’t:43436DE1-989E-438B-8B32-392FB4EDA7E1.png

Back