• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

The 18z GFS has a decent rain event in upstate SC in around 5 days for now. No way it'll be right. We will be lucky to get a drop SE of I-85 for the next 2 weeks.

Some more +10 to +15 departures to end the month. Going to go out on a limb that the day 8+ BN departures wont verify or be short lived at best.

View attachment 24901
You can see the longwave pattern wanting to repeat over and over with the trough in the SW and riding over the SE. Of course, it breaks down in the uber LR, but we already know that troughs, blocking, and cold on the GFS way out there are just code for the afore mentioned repeating pattern.

You can see the longwave pattern wanting to repeat over and over with the trough in the SW and riding over the SE. Of course, it breaks down in the uber LR, but we already know that troughs, blocking, and cold on the GFS way out there are just code for the afore mentioned repeating pattern.
I love how all the models suck! The GFS has a known cold bias, now it seems to have developed a heavy rain bias! Showing big totals at 4-5 days out and then cutting totals by 90%

The 18z GFS has a decent rain event in upstate SC in around 5 days for now. No way it'll be right. We will be lucky to get a drop SE of I-85 for the next 2 weeks.
Would suck for Halloween, but luckily, it’s the GFS and will be p/c in actuality!F78EE96B-0F28-4E17-B516-449F6EB2C432.png

Already NW shift from 18z! Mountains and E TN crushed! St Louis is mostly rain now, was heavy snow at 18z! I love the GFSCB7FB072-A163-42DA-98EE-B4BD609F7DFF.png

Just wow at the rain here today! Checked a few stations around me and they are all showing around 3.30" +/- ! After being shut out so much this is awesome!

We made up for that dryspell didn't we lol. KCHA officially logged 3.27" yesterday making it the wettest day of 2019! Have to go back to September 2018 to find a rainier day.

Back