• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

It's still locked at 75 for the closest official station. It was 75-76 on our home thermometer when I came in and the low temp of the morning was....75. I'll be surprised if it creeps too far up. The low was typical of summer but unless we lose the clouds this is going to work for today.

I do see the CAD is failing in Atlanta proper and southwest.

It's still locked at 75 for the closest official station. It was 75-76 on our home thermometer when I came in. I'll be surprised if it creeps too far up. The low was typical of summer but unless we lose the clouds this is going to work for today.

I do see the CAD is failing in Atlanta proper and southwest.

Mid 70’s here...Inside the perimeter. I would not personally consider that a fail since we were 97 yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mid 70’s here...Inside the perimeter. I would not personally consider that a fail since we were 97 yesterday.

That seems to be the cutoff for where the CAD is working from what I'm looking at in the NWS. When you go west and southwest, you get 82 with sun breaking through. That will probably get higher, just maybe not to 95+.

75 here in Conyers...the winds are howling and it's mostly cloudy skies. The Atlanta metro is so vast that people in various parts of it are experiencing different conditions. The farther east/northeast you are from Atlanta, the more likely the CAD is working in your favor.

That seems to be the cutoff for where the CAD is working from what I'm looking at in the NWS. When you go west and southwest, you get 82 with sun breaking through. That will probably get higher, just maybe not to 95+.
I've got 83 and mostly cloudy skies. Probably going to be just shy of 90 this afternoon. Better, but was hoping for more relief. Guess I'm waiting until Tuesday.

yep...if you see a temperature map, you can see exactly where the CAD is working in Georgia. I can't post it as my computer is acting up but if you are in the northern part of Fulton or DeKalb to the northeast, or just to the east and slightly ESE, it is working. To the north, it's not as effective but still not as bad as it was yesterday, to the south and southwest, it's a non-factor. They're all going to have to wait for the first fall front which is next week.

88*F in Newnan. It's been predominately sunny.

That said, I drove to Atlanta to get some food and it turns cloudy fairly drastically once you get to Union City. It was also noticeably cooler (only around 80*F).

Topped out around 77F at 11, now sitting at 72F.

yep...if you see a temperature map, you can see exactly where the CAD is working in Georgia. I can't post it as my computer is acting up but if you are in the northern part of Fulton or DeKalb to the northeast, or just to the east and slightly ESE, it is working. To the north, it's not as effective but still not as bad as it was yesterday, to the south and southwest, it's a non-factor. They're all going to have to wait for the first fall front which is next week.

Capture.JPG

f835b284236129d1ed75c3cbb0e625d5.jpg

Back