• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

Goodbye 90 degree heat, I didn’t like it but ima miss it a bit, especially once it gets cold af outside, to the point where you breath and you instantly get congested
I won't miss it one bit. Working outside in October or even September shouldn't feel like July. Also we can slow our drought progress finally, and maybe even relieve some of it with some much needed rain in the front season.

This ought to do something down the line. Probably 3 or so weeks from now. A super typhoon will likely recurve and cause some sort of arctic blast.
wp2019.gif

I won't miss it one bit. Working outside in October or even September shouldn't feel like July. Also we can slow our drought progress finally, and maybe even relieve some of it with some much needed rain in the front season.

Yeah it was hitting the business I work for (lawn care) badly this past month, fescue is brown, Bermuda is turning brown/gold, I got use to working in the heat this summer unless it was super humid

Yeah it was hitting the business I work for (lawn care) badly this past month, fescue is brown, Bermuda is turning brown/gold, I got use to working in the heat this summer unless it was super humid
It’s hard to aerate concrete!☹️

Sunny and breezy in Forsyth county Georgia. Feels nice but doesn’t seem like a typical wedge

Its not here. There is a decent breeze, but the temp has already risen to 77 here with partly cloudy skies. We aren't getting the cooler weather here.

GEFS says the generally cooler air isn't going anywhere, the 300 hrs have a very bullish signal for a very cold pattern which agrees with the operational. The EPS actually is in somewhat agreement too if you can believe that, although It doesn't translate to the surface. Nevertheless, this is still out in La La land, but It's nice to see this in the LR.
1571594400-rN0S2WNt7e0.png
1571529600-ePw6kzY3FBw.png

GEFS says the generally cooler air isn't going anywhere, the 300 hrs have a very bullish signal for a very cold pattern which agrees with the operational. The EPS actually is in somewhat agreement too if you can believe that, although It doesn't translate to the surface. Nevertheless, this is still out in La La land, but It's nice to see this in the LR.
Finnaly a GOA low instead of a GOA ridge, this allowing a nice +PNA, and look, it’s kinda weak but a -NAO !! But we’ve seen many times the Gefs yank the -NAO away under 300 hours

This type of pattern shown on these long range maps really do support one of those weird ass upper level lows

I don't care if it's not actually that cold (it's not), this kind of day is much better than the bull that we had recently. 75 but the CAD really is doing work as it's held at that for hours now and today's walk before college football was much better than it's been at times.

62 here slowly climbing . Defintely think we avoid 70. Midnight high was 68 think we get close to that for the daytime high as well. Who knows though I saw a little sky so 70 may be reached . No sub 70 highs since May.

It's 63 degrees at mby in Burlington. I went and mowed the lawn today in my shorts, hand down one of the most comfortable, days to cut the grass. I have the windows open right now. Its something about the smell of the cooler air that makes you want to have this type of weather May-October. Though come November-April, I want some snow

Back