• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look how far north the 0c 850 line is. Where getting crazy weather like this all the time now.

51749a5202035afd61ceef178f0c0fc1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why we should be cooling right now but the enormous CO2 increase is dwarfing this effect.

Look how far north the 0c 850 line is. Where getting crazy weather like this all the time now.

51749a5202035afd61ceef178f0c0fc1.jpg

If this is your argument for GW then I call bs on GW because it got down to 20 at my house this morning.

If this is your argument for GW then I call bs on GW because it got down to 20 at my house this morning.
It is not bs... yeah u going have a day below freezing here n there... look at all the glacier melt... average temps keep going up... never get any sustained cold hardly like winters 60s and 70s. Even 80s

It is not bs... yeah u going have a day below freezing here n there... look at all the glacier melt... average temps keep going up... never get any sustained cold hardly like winters 60s and 70s. Even 80s
My point was, if your argument for GW is a NAM 850 temp map then my low of 20 is argument against....

Look at these 850’s at the pole..That’s crazy cold..and it all stems from the pole. Arctic sea ice is about to go gangbusters. Healthy PV to end the old year and start the new 9DE1DF3C-CDB1-40A1-BFF3-960925690219.png

Still a lot of work to do to just to get the Arctic back down to averaging normal for a sustained period outside of late spring and summer:

1576863247990.png

It wasn’t just making an observation.

Weather =/= climate change!!!!!!!!
Weather can be affected by it, but that's the same argument so many try and make. There is correlation, NOT causation!!! This is a bad pattern and using the US as a sample size on top of it being a short term pattern to try and discuss a global thing is like trying to prove the sky is red because you held a red-colored piece of plastic on your face.

Weather =/= climate change!!!!!!!!
Weather can be affected by it, but that's the same argument so many try and make. There is correlation, NOT causation!!! This is a bad pattern and using the US as a sample size on top of it being a short term pattern to try and discuss a global thing is like trying to prove the sky is red because you held a red-colored piece of plastic on your face.

I never said it did. I was just making an observation of warmth in the upper levels made more likely by AGW.

I never said it did. I was just making an observation of warmth in the upper levels made more likely by AGW.

The warmth in the upper levels is due to the blocking configuration which evacuates the cold air to the other side of the Northern Hemisphere, not due to GW specifically. Here’s a better way to look at it.

1576882480757.png

The warmth in the upper levels is due to the blocking configuration which evacuates the cold air to the other side of the Northern Hemisphere, not due to GW specifically. Here’s a better way to look at it.

View attachment 28677

In case you and others didn't know: "The linear correlation coefficient analysis shows that there exists a high significant positive
correlation (+0.82) between global 500 hpa geopotential height and global warming (global mean surface air temperature)."

View attachment 28677
It can’t be cold everywhere at the same time and that’s a hard concept to grasp. Arctic ice is forecasted to be on the move in the coming weeks

In case you and others didn't know: "The linear correlation coefficient analysis shows that there exists a high significant positive
correlation (+0.82) between global 500 hpa geopotential height and global warming (global mean surface air temperature)."

BHS post was taking a random warm day and saying “this doesn’t usually happen and AGW is real and we’re all gonna die” as a proof for his position. That would be the same as a person taking a brutal cold shot and saying global cooling is happening, it’s just not a good argument to use no matter which side a person stands on in the debate.

Have you read the paper you linked? I’ve never heard of that author before but wow it is fraught with serious grammatical errors that make it incredibly difficult to understand what they’re trying to say at times or simply worded incredibly odd. Not sure if it’s a language barrier/translation issue or what but here are a few examples of what I mean below.

“The extreme weather phenomena had been recorded over the globe and became more frequent through the last decades. The stability conditions like as, blocking systems, fluctuations in precipitation and temperature, strong and extreme frequency of hurricanes, heat waves, droughts, flash floods, extreme weather events and global warming through the year.”

“One can conclude that the global warming causes extremely increasing anomaly of global annual geopotential height. So that the stability conditions over the globe was changed through the last three decades and extreme weather phenomena existed.”

A much better paper imo is this one here which makes a similar analysis but doesn’t have the weird grammatical/language issues.

BHS post was taking a random warm day and saying “this doesn’t usually happen and AGW is real and we’re all gonna die” as a proof for his position. That would be the same as a person taking a brutal cold shot and saying global cooling is happening, it’s just not a good argument to use no matter which side a person stands on in the debate.

Have you read the paper you linked? I’ve never heard of that author before but wow it is fraught with serious grammatical errors that make it incredibly difficult to understand what they’re trying to say at times or simply worded incredibly odd. Not sure if it’s a language barrier/translation issue or what but here are a few examples of what I mean below.

“The extreme weather phenomena had been recorded over the globe and became more frequent through the last decades. The stability conditions like as, blocking systems, fluctuations in precipitation and temperature, strong and extreme frequency of hurricanes, heat waves, droughts, flash floods, extreme weather events and global warming through the year.”

“One can conclude that the global warming causes extremely increasing anomaly of global annual geopotential height. So that the stability conditions over the globe was changed through the last three decades and extreme weather phenomena existed.”

A much better paper imo is this one here which makes a similar analysis but doesn’t have the weird grammatical/language issues.

I mean it’s common sense really. You warm the planet the atmosphere puffs up raising heights. And as far as that snarky comment yes we would die if nuclear war and conventional war is more likely due to destabilization and tropical diseases carried by mosquitos move north and more heatstroke/hypothermia etc etc. Of course these risks can be drastically reduced by halting emissions.

Yeah, Global Warming could also attract an asteroid from deep space, cause it to change course and crash into earth thereby ending civilization as we know it. Also, it might cause the Yellowstone volcano to go off and turn the midwest into the Sahara

I mean it’s common sense really. You warm the planet the atmosphere puffs up raising heights. And as far as that snarky comment yes we would die if nuclear war and conventional war is more likely due to destabilization and tropical diseases carried by mosquitos move north and more heatstroke/hypothermia etc etc. Of course these risks can be drastically reduced by halting emissions.

Good luck getting China to stop their emissions, and other developing countries too. The latest climate conference ended in disaster and no real progress on a solution. War and nuclear war is always a threat when you have rogue countries like N Korea, Russia or China who want to control the world.

Btw the green energy policies in CA have not been working out very well and the high taxes, regulations and other issues are significantly affecting things there now. I’ve read some articles where it’s suggested that the whole reason the electric company over there has dealt with fires and shutting power down is due to the green management policies forcing them to use maintenance funds to instead implement “green energy” instead of maintaining infrastructure. As a result now when major wind arrives people deal with 0 power for days and guess what they’re running for backup electricity? Yep, fossil fuel generators. If that’s what you want for all of America then that’s a huge step backwards imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back