• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean back before ... they had no internet that you use, no weather board to spout off on ... no running water, no extended expected life span ... (nor did anyone else) ... wanna go back? Glad to sell you a piece of real estate that exists right now / today that will put you right there ... bet you come back for comforts in 6 weeks ...

Lol when civilization collapses we will all be back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol when civilization collapses we will all be back there.

Leaving this discussion for my nice warm healthy and 2019 dinner in my climate controlled home, then in to my twilled cotton sheets, to be followed by a hot shower and shave when I wake ... but to close, "when"? Sounds like a Zager and Evans song ...

Leaving this discussion for my nice warm healthy and 2019 dinner in my climate controlled home, then in to my twilled cotton sheets, to be followed by a hot shower and shave when I wake ... but to close, "when"? Sounds like a Zager and Evans song ...

Enjoy it while it lasts. I’m just living one day to the next and happy to still be alive.

Enjoy it while it lasts. I’m just living one day to the next and happy to still be alive.

If you think that we are going to be dead from climate change in less than 100 years that's even more absurd.
Yeah it will eventually collapse because as weather disasters and coastal flooding increase the insurance companies will collapse (already starting to happen in California) and the economic system will collapse as the government won’t be able to pay for any more disaster relief.

California is a completely different case because they're like the experimental grounds of radical policy. The state is too expensive and a lot of the issues are related to poor building choices decades ago. The fires are always going to be there and if you look at the electrical company situation they're poor infrastructure causes a lot of them. Homelessness is poor policies on the people. Oh and homeowners insurance? California isn't the most expensive. In fact, Minnesota is more than California as of 2018.

If you think that we are going to be dead from climate change in less than 100 years that's even more absurd.

California is a completely different case because they're like the experimental grounds of radical policy. The state is too expensive and a lot of the issues are related to poor building choices decades ago. The fires are always going to be there and if you look at the electrical company situation they're poor infrastructure causes a lot of them. Homelessness is poor policies on the people. Oh and homeowners insurance? California isn't the most expensive. In fact, Minnesota is more than California as of 2018.

Climate change itself won’t kill you but you’re neighbor next door might when anarchy takes over and it’s everyman for themselves.

Maybe it won’t collapse and turn into some type of military state instead

Climate change itself won’t kill you but you’re neighbor next door might when anarchy takes over and it’s everyman for themselves.

Yeah sure lol. The world isn't going to end anytime soon due to the climate. You act like adaptation isn't an option and people are animals.

You don't sound happy about anything. All I hear is fear, and I would hate to be that fearful of anything.

It’s funny how folks continue living in their own reality oblivious to what’s really going on in the world around them even when presented with hard evidence that shows otherwise.

It’s funny how folks continue living in their own reality oblivious to what’s really going on in the world around them even when presented with hard evidence that shows otherwise.

There's no reason to change anything that I am doing. I know how this world ends, there is no doubt in my mind.

IMO, we have a better chance of getting hit by an asteroid than burning the world up through AGW. If they don't stop adjusting the temps to give us a quasi accurate data set from previous decades, we have no chance of determining what really is happening. We are talking about temps of .3 to .7C difference and that is statistically insignificant over a century or so

I'm a very firm believer in global warming. I'm even starting to come around to the idea maybe it is man made. However, I don't buy into these doomsday predictions. We'd be centuries from that and we're already taking steps to cut emissions. Once we do cut out fossil fuels the planet will absorb the co2 and levels will drop. Just my opinion.

As a person and parent really concerned about climate change, and after reading through this discussion, I agree with BHS1975 as far as taking it seriously, but I also agree with everyone else that I doubt it will end civilization. My big concern is that my children’s quality of life will suffer and be worse than mine, people with no power will be even more harmed , and our way of life will be more forced to change rather on doing it more on our own terms. As I tell my patients who continue to smoke, you can sacrifice the cigarettes now and quit for your future good, or your body will force it on you in very painful ways down the road , your choice. I just hope we make rational practical decisions about it now and not when it is past the point of no return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back