• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that 0.4C is much less than the difference in normal between late Feb and late Dec.

True that but with the accelerating rate of warming due to the accelerating rate of emissions and rapid loss of ice analogs over several years old are pretty useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Australia just recorded its hottest day in history, capping a year of extreme temperatures around the world"

https://www.businessinsider.com/extreme-weather-australia-records-hottest-day-in-history-2019-12
  • "Australia on Tuesday recorded its hottest day on record, with an average temperature across the country of 40.9 degrees Celsius, or 105.6 degrees Fahrenheit — passing the 2013 record of 40.3 C.
  • Meteorologists predicted temperatures would increase further in the coming days and issued a health warning for people living in the southeastern part country."
My comment: I'd change the wording to hottest day in "recorded history".

"Australia just recorded its hottest day in history, capping a year of extreme temperatures around the world"

https://www.businessinsider.com/extreme-weather-australia-records-hottest-day-in-history-2019-12
  • "Australia on Tuesday recorded its hottest day on record, with an average temperature across the country of 40.9 degrees Celsius, or 105.6 degrees Fahrenheit — passing the 2013 record of 40.3 C.
  • Meteorologists predicted temperatures would increase further in the coming days and issued a health warning for people living in the southeastern part country."
My comment: I'd change the wording to hottest day in "recorded history".
sounds like last May in our own little 40 acres, Larry ... :confused:

Pretty clever of the AGW believers to rename Global Warming to Climate Change. This way they can blame any unusual weather event to Climate Change whether it is more severe storms (not true by the numbers) more and stronger hurricanes (again not according to actual results), less snow or cold in selected areas (like the SE), disappearance of Arctic and Antarctic sea ice (they are still there and becoming more stable if you add error bars to the graphs). Thing is, we all should believe in Climate Change because, well Climate does change, decade to decade, century to century, millennium to millennium and epoch to epoch. They can not be proven wrong about Climate Change because they are right, it does change, only it is nature's way of balancing the processes of our planet and man has a relatively statistically miniscule effect on it over time.

Pretty clever of the AGW believers to rename Global Warming to Climate Change. This way they can blame any unusual weather event to Climate Change whether it is more severe storms (not true by the numbers) more and stronger hurricanes (again not according to actual results), less snow or cold in selected areas (like the SE), disappearance of Arctic and Antarctic sea ice (they are still there and becoming more stable if you add error bars to the graphs). Thing is, we all should believe in Climate Change because, well Climate does change, decade to decade, century to century, millennium to millennium and epoch to epoch. They can not be proven wrong about Climate Change because they are right, it does change, only it is nature's way of balancing the processes of our planet and man has a relatively statistically miniscule effect on it over time.
The first part of this is borderline delusional... no one is renaming anything. There interchangeable. Also, there is no “believers” belief in something requires faith. AGW has evidence to support it...

No I think it's stupid some are screaming it as "Climate emergency". It's actually better called climate change not for the reason you stated, but because we know the climate is changing and that's all we know for certain.

Take off your blinders. This rapid warming is not natural and is all manmade. Natural processes would take millennia to change by the same amount. The Earth would we slowly heading to the next ice-age without us.

e5e60bf6aa6bde3a235e97ec17754e22.jpg

You wanna leave? I prefer being around, even without a cold December ...

BTW ... 1880 as a starting point is a micro-second in the grand scheme of things

No I’m stuck in this planet just like everyone else. This civilization is going down the tubes. Just look at what happened at COP 25. Utter failure and collapse. Just keep on living in your fantasy land.

Humans have never taken care of their planet and only pillaged it for resources. Why would that suddenly change?

No I’m stuck in this planet just like everyone else. This civilization is going down the tubes. Just look at what happened at COP 25. Utter failure and collapse. Just keep on living in your fantasy land.

If you think civilization is about to end because the climate warms a little then you're crazy. People will move a little inland from the oceans or not care. Technology will adapt to the changes. Don't act like we are doomed and completely stupid. Tech will also help create new ways to get food so don't go on about that.

The native Americans had the right idea with living in harmony and respecting nature.

If you mean back before ... they had no internet that you use, no weather board to spout off on ... no running water, no extended expected life span ... (nor did anyone else) ... wanna go back? Glad to sell you a piece of real estate that exists right now / today that will put you right there ... bet you come back for comforts in 6 weeks ...

If you think civilization is about to end because the climate warms a little then you're crazy. People will move a little inland from the oceans or not care. Technology will adapt to the changes. Don't act like we are doomed and completely stupid. Tech will also help create new ways to get food so don't go on about that.

Yeah it will eventually collapse because as weather disasters and coastal flooding increase the insurance companies will collapse (already starting to happen in California) and the economic system will collapse as the government won’t be able to pay for any more disaster relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back