• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Gardening&Fishing

Thinking about putting out my first application of pre em tomorrow since it's always better to be early than late but I'm worried it'll be too early

I legit think my ground is actually frozen right now. Plus with Mega March, I'll be good till April.

I legit think my ground is actually frozen right now. Plus with Mega March, I'll be good till April.
I was looking at pics and we were greening up in early March last year. The NC State turf program said to put it out early as well they are finding crabgrass is germinating as early as early March now

I was looking at pics and we were greening up in early March last year. The NC State turf program said to put it out early as well they are finding crabgrass is germinating as early as early March now

I know 55 deg is spouted as the default, but it's so broad it's like saying "Oh it's below freezing, so it will snow". I think solar insolation isn't given enough credit here. At 4" depth I might be 50 degree, but at the 1" depth I could be at 60 or 65, especially given the last few Februarys and how warm they've been.

I just go by feel for my yard. I have some pansies in the beds every fall that I let over winter. When I start seeing them re-green and the daffodils growing then I know.

The Fescue is far more wind burnt and browned out this year than the last few years, and the Zoysia is the most golden tan i've ever seen it.

Sowed some lettuce and spring Onion today. Got the plastic ready for jack frost. Cant wait for some of those South Georgia Vidalia Onions to get back on the grocery shelf. Gonna hit the ponds when the dogwoods start to bloom and Golf courses when they re -submerge

I know 55 deg is spouted as the default, but it's so broad it's like saying "Oh it's below freezing, so it will snow". I think solar insolation isn't given enough credit here. At 4" depth I might be 50 degree, but at the 1" depth I could be at 60 or 65, especially given the last few Februarys and how warm they've been.

I just go by feel for my yard. I have some pansies in the beds every fall that I let over winter. When I start seeing them re-green and the daffodils growing then I know.

The Fescue is far more wind burnt and browned out this year than the last few years, and the Zoysia is the most golden tan i've ever seen it.
I’ve seen daffodils blooming in Raleigh .

Shad run in full swing now on the coastal rivers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-114448_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-114448_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210311-114433_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-114433_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210306-155628_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-155628_Gallery.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210311-114429_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-114429_Gallery.jpg