• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Gaming

Anybody excited about the new Metroid game? Metroid dread? Metroid fusion was one of my first video games I ever played

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Anybody excited about the new Metroid game? Metroid dread? Metroid fusion was one of my first video games I ever played

Yeah, I definitely want to play it. In a perfect world I would like to go and play thru most of the Metroid games before this comes out because other than a little bit of Super Metroid I never played any Metroid games but it's a franchise I would like to get into. Hopefully it's good.

Your best bet is to get a gba emulator on your PC or phone and play fusion and zero mission. But preferably the best Metroid experiences to me where prime 1 and prime 2. The music, story and atmosphere are so far above any game at that time and most now days it's incredible. There rated as the best games ever for a reason. It'd cost you a pretty penny but get the prime trilogy for the Wii or buy it off virtual store if you have a Wii u. Other than that your out of luck lol. I have heard the rumor mill from a credible leaker saying that the prime trilogy hd port is finished and waiting approval to be ported to the switch before the prime 4 comes out so that's another option if you wanna try your luck lol.

Your best bet is to get a gba emulator on your PC or phone and play fusion and zero mission. But preferably the best Metroid experiences to me where prime 1 and prime 2. The music, story and atmosphere are so far above any game at that time and most now days it's incredible. There rated as the best games ever for a reason. It'd cost you a pretty penny but get the prime trilogy for the Wii or buy it off virtual store if you have a Wii u. Other than that your out of luck lol. I have heard the rumor mill from a credible leaker saying that the prime trilogy hd port is finished and waiting approval to be ported to the switch before the prime 4 comes out so that's another option if you wanna try your luck lol.

Yeah, It’s been rumored for a couple yrs a Metroid Prime Trilogy is coming to Switch. They want to release it closer to whenever Metroid Prime 4 drops eventually. Who the hell knows when that will be since after 4 years we still haven’t seen anything outside of a logo.? I gave my Wii away and sold my Wii U years ago so I’m s.o.l. on that. As a side note, Nintendo really missed an opportunity to bundle Metroid Dread with that new Switch OLED coming out the same day. I mean they went thru the trouble of using the game in the marketing material.?1627357457436.jpeg

Yeah, It’s been rumored for a couple yrs a Metroid Prime Trilogy is coming to Switch. They want to release it closer to whenever Metroid Prime 4 drops eventually. Who the hell knows when that will be since after 4 years we still haven’t seen anything outside of a logo. I gave my Wii away and sold my Wii U years ago so I’m s.o.l. on that. As a side note, Nintendo really missed an opportunity to bundle Metroid Dread with that new Switch OLED coming out the same day. I mean they went thru the trouble of using the game in the marketing material.View attachment 87189
Lol Nintendo was just excited to have a new Metroid game to show off. Lol imo, the switch oled model is stupid. It's just a bigger screen and some fancier particles. Worst upgrade I've ever seen lol

Lol Nintendo was just excited to have a new Metroid game to show off. Lol imo, the switch oled model is stupid. It's just a bigger screen and some fancier particles. Worst upgrade I've ever seen lol

It is, especially when they could have just upgraded the Switch Lite to an OLED screen. Someone like me who plays my Switch docked 90% of the time I wouldn’t get any benefit from a Switch OLED.

It is, especially when they could have just upgraded the Switch Lite to an OLED screen. Someone like me who plays my Switch docked 90% of the time I wouldn’t get any benefit from a Switch OLED.
Exactly, there's quite a few games coming out soon though that I'm pretty pumped about for the switch. Metroid dread, monkeyball mania, pokemon brilliant diamond. All ring a nostalgia factor for me. Diamond was the first real pokemon game I ever played when I was younger. Depending on when halo infinite comes out though, I may have to put those on the back burner halo is my go to series lol

Now that I played (and beat) Metroid Dread last weekend, I can comfortably say it's in the top 5 best Switch games of all time so far.

In no particular order
-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-Super Smash Bros Ultimate
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Metroid Dread
-Splatoon 2

My oldest niece and my nephew are gonna jump into some major chaos which is Mario Party Superstars this Halloween weekend. I'm really excited to try this one out, a true modern Mario Party that's not trash. It's nice to see it going back to it's old N64/Gamecube roots, the childhood nostalgia side of me misses that. They say Mario Party games ruin friendships and families, but for us we just channel all that energy of anger and frustration onto beating up and taking down the solo computer player. ?

Wow
They announced this in their Nintendo Direct on YouTube yesterday. Don’t know why they waited nearly 5yrs to do this but ok. My niece is hyped for it, we used to play Wii Sports all the time back in the day. It’s gonna sell like crazy regardless.?

Last week it was reported that Nintendo Switch has sold 103 million units worldwide as of December 31, 2021, officially outselling Nintendo Wii (101 million). It only trails behind Gameboy (118 million) Nintendo DS (154 million) and PlayStation 2 (155 million) for highest selling console of all time.

This got me excited, I wanted a new game, but I’ll take this I guess.

Last edited:
They announced this in their Nintendo Direct on YouTube yesterday. Don’t know why they waited nearly 5yrs to do this but ok. My niece is hyped for it, we used to play Wii Sports all the time back in the day. It’s gonna sell like crazy regardless.?

Last week it was reported that Nintendo Switch has sold 103 million units worldwide as of December 31, 2021, officially outselling Nintendo Wii (101 million). It only trails behind Gameboy (118 million) Nintendo DS (154 million) and PlayStation 2 (155 million) for highest selling console of all time.

This got me excited, I wanted a new game, but I’ll take this I guess.

I was disappointed in this Nintendo direct, because no Metroid remaster or Metroid prime 4 we're shown. Metroid prime remaster is supposedly finished so I don't know the deal with that. The switch sports made up for a lot of the no shows though. I played so much wii sports when that came out.

I was disappointed in this Nintendo direct, because no Metroid remaster or Metroid prime 4 we're shown. Metroid prime remaster is supposedly finished so I don't know the deal with that. The switch sports made up for a lot of the no shows though. I played so much wii sports when that came out.
I was thinking the rumored Metroid Prime remaster would have gotten announced in this Direct too, but maybe that will be an E3 type of announcement. Same thing with updates on TLoZ BOTW 2. Mario Strikers Battle League was the biggest surprise for me. I thought it was a dead franchise at this point. Kirby and the Forgotten Land is giving serious Super Mario Odyssey vibes that was enough to sell me on that game. Overall I really liked this Nintendo Direct, it makes me excited for what could be coming for the second half of 2022.

I tell you what this new game, elden ring is super tough lol I've put 8 hours into it and I haven't even beat a main boss lol. Only 2 sub bosses.

Last month I finished playing Psychonauts 2 and played Earthbound for the very first time. I really enjoyed both and can see why Earthbound is so beloved, it’s one of the best games I ever played. Right now I moved onto Horizon Forbidden West. Only a couple hrs in, but I’m enjoying it so far.

Last month I finished playing Psychonauts 2 and played Earthbound for the very first time. I really enjoyed both and can see why Earthbound is so beloved, it’s one of the best games I ever played. Right now I moved onto Horizon Forbidden West. Only a couple hrs in, but I’m enjoying it so far.
Earthbound was hard as crap, I'td probably be better if explored and grinded out levels though. Mother 3 is probably my favorite in the series though. Both have amazing music

Earthbound was hard as crap, I'td probably be better if explored and grinded out levels though. Mother 3 is probably my favorite in the series though. Both have amazing music
Yeah it does get hard in certain parts w/o a little bit of grinding, but fortunately it wasn’t enough to make me want to rage quit like other games I’ve played. The music in this game is fantastic.

The Switch being 5yrs old yesterday….ain’t no way!? I wasn’t able to get mine until a month after release in April 2017, it was nearly impossible to find from retailers online. Then one day in April I went into a local Walmart and saw they had like 3 or 4 of em in stock. ??‍♂️ They probably had 1 or 2 day one and I didn’t even bother or think to check because I assumed if I could find it online they wouldn’t have any in store either.

To: @Zander98al ,
@Weatherlover92 ,
Other members

Are any of y’all familiar with GTA roleplay on Twitch? The amount of money some of the roleplay players make via subscribers and sponsors is phenomenal.

https://www.dexerto.com/gta/what-is-gta-v-roleplay-how-to-play-streams-445146/
I've seen a lot of people and hear a lot of people doing it, a lot of people like doing car meets and stuff on there. Still a thriving community on GTA. Lol car meets on GTA are way less expensive than in real life so it's basically the poor man car meet when you have to do it digitally lol. Most people aren't born with daddy and mommy pushing money down there throats ?

I've never been a GTA person the only semi open world game like it that I play would be the just cause series and the old school mercenaries 1 and 2 series. Other than that I usually play rpg type game

Last edited by a moderator:
Back