• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations Fright Night Halloween Week Severe Obs

Bout to get rocked.

78028a7e6cb462ef7bee1cb1ef4c8780.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had some thunder. Looks like the tornado warned storm is going just to my east towards Rolseville.

Looks like the severe threat is over for me. Heard one rumble of thunder and saw one lightning flash.

Grass is turning white in Boone. Lots of snow showers for everyone at the big game!

Flash freeze occurring with snow sticking around Carvers Gap TN. 24 degrees with wind blown snow.

Snow also sticking to roads east into western Watauga County NC. Wind chills single digits.

Yeah based off some shots its snowing pretty good in Boone right now, and I just saw the wind push a FG away from being good.

Hell of a front it was. Nothing to sneeze at. Certainly a halloween front to remember. Infrared heater on full blast right now as a preventative measure. ? ? ?

Dang wake up to 34 degrees here in Pickens sc. heck of a front 76 yesterday to 34 this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ForsythSnow did you manage to get your power back on after last night's storms?
Woke up to 39 degrees here. Was 85 here.

@ForsythSnow did you manage to get your power back on after last night's storms?
Woke up to 39 degrees here. Was 85 here.
Yes I did 40 minutes after it went out. Also there's a reply button you can hit for quoting messages. It's better than the mention one. The mention is if there's no original context.

Yes I did 40 minutes after it went out. Also there's a reply button you can hit for quoting messages. It's better than the mention one. The mention is if there's no original context.
Ok, didnt even know that!

So a few things went wrong it seems many areas could have been served a Severe Thunderstorm Watch vs Tornado Watch. It seemed a bit odd they just wanted to cover large chunks of areas vs putting a lot of thought in it IMO. Also, I’m glad I didn’t try to forecast warnings or watches in advance or I would have busted.

I found it a bit immature to place the NC mountains under a tornado watch and south-west Virginia. It was fairly evident strengthening and discrete cells were gonna take place further East.

Back