• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Flooding 2/18-21, 2019

Sitting at 2.18” for today nearing 5” for the month. Over performed Tuesday! One can only hope we can catch some slack on Wed. Or the 6”-11” totals once modeled that seemed to dissipate may very well have been on the money!! Stay safe everyone, turn around don’t drown!

On a side note there is a very low end probability of a chance for a tornado or two with this event. Primarily Wednesday and another very slight chance on Sat. Nothing spectacular, but worth a mention as rainfall totals have been the headliner.

What a strange day, I had a red cell go right over my house. I started out with snow and ice that went quickly over to major thunder storms while the temps hovered around 38 degrees.

Last edited:
Yeah more thunder and lightning. Oh yeah more rain...

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

We've been added to the Flash Flood Watch here.

Both yesterday and today have featured thunderstorms.

Storming pretty good here in ATL. Two days in a row with thunderstorms in February.

Just creepy outside. Sleet yesterday, then massive thunder and lightning off and on, and now its thundering so loud the entire house is shaking. Still holding at 42F.

This is easily the 2nd loudest t'storm I've heard since moving down here.

Steep mid-level lapse rates are doing wonders.

Yet again, another tight gradient across Metro Atlanta.

Folks in McDonough and Covington are like "what thunderstorms and flooding?" lol.

2019_2_21_6_39_33.png

Can’t even get storms this good in the summer!7927DD68-F40E-469E-9E08-682FA0011530.png

Huge rain band just plowed through, thunder on the front end. Some streets beginning to flood

Yet again, another tight gradient across Metro Atlanta.

Folks in McDonough and Covington are like "what thunderstorms and flooding?" lol.

View attachment 16120
So my rain gauge overflowed overnight because I forgot to empty it (it was at around 3.75" when I last saw it) so I'm guessing I'm now at about 6" per that. Starting fresh with an empty gauge that should finish up the event. The models were right before hand about all this rain,

Back