• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Flooding 2/18-21, 2019

We've had a ton of rain here in Florence AL... I think we may be over 10" for the storm total. But just to our north and west the training of the rain has been even worse. Does anyone have access to the storm totals for Florence AL? Booneville MS? Iuka MS? Selmer TN? Savannah TN? and Lawrenceburg TN?

We've had a ton of rain here in Florence AL... I think we may be over 10" for the storm total. But just to our north and west the training of the rain has been even worse. Does anyone have access to the storm totals for Florence AL? Booneville MS? Iuka MS? Selmer TN? Savannah TN? and Lawrenceburg TN?
Only one I saw was parts of Colbert County had 12+

Today marks the 9th consecutive day with at least 0.10" of precip at Chattanooga. Last dry day was Valentines Day. 8 inches here since last Friday evening and still about 18 hours to go before all this ends. Minor flooding so far but the latest hydrograph for the SCC is very close to moderate when water begins to inundate Airport Rd.

South Chickamauga hydrograph

It's been a moderate to heavy rain here off and on for several hours now. The radar returns in my area have been showing mainly scattered showers but in reality it has been coming down hard. There is also a new flood warning for Hamilton county due to more than 1" of rain received in the last 3 hours. As I'm writing this the rain seems to have let up a lot. When it gets completely out of here late morning I guess we will wait for tonight to see if any developing storms to our west make it to our area. If we do get a storm I feel like it will be short lived with another . 25" of rain possible under the heavy bands of rain. Looks to be pretty dry for the next week or so starting tomorrow morning after sunrise.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

It's been a moderate to heavy rain here off and on for several hours now. The radar returns in my area have been showing mainly scattered showers but in reality it has been coming down hard. There is also a new flood warning for Hamilton county due to more than 1" of rain received in the last 3 hours. As I'm writing this the rain seems to have let up a lot. When it gets completely out of here late morning I guess we will wait for tonight to see if any developing storms to our west make it to our area. If we do get a storm I feel like it will be short lived with another . 25" of rain possible under the heavy bands of rain. Looks to be pretty dry for the next week or so starting tomorrow morning after sunrise.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

NAM, RGEM, and HRRR all showing some heavy showers/storms for our area after midnight, ending about 3 or 4 AM. Could be another 1/2" to 1" in spots. Currently that activity is moving thru AR/LA/TX. Behind that, yes, our missing yellow ball in the sky returns.

You can tell that TVA is releasing a LOT of water through the Chickamauga Dam as just a few miles downstream the Tennessee River in downtown Chattanooga is up by 10 feet in just the last 24 hours.

chat1_hg.png

Back