• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

Wait a minute that wave is ejecting View attachment 71501and woah ???View attachment 71502
We don’t even need the wave to eject to give us snow and ice. The wave physically being there in the desert SW triggers mid level warm advection in the SE US and vorticity gets sheared off to the east. That is usually more than good enough to give us overrunning.

That’s only because the s/w is so far south. It won’t go as far north with the secondary wave in the pacific preventing the +PNA. Still amped though.
I don’t mind that individual wave being there, it speeds up the flow a little bit in the NE Pacific which kicks our big vortex east more

Look at this GFS sounding over Central NC on the Valentines weekend storm. Let me tell you right now, if it’s 17 degrees outside and sleeting, I might just quit weather altogether... forever. LOL.

4bff93f2ff9421509ed507aa86789913.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn’t your area get a lot of sleet with temperatures in the upper 10s in January 1996? I did in Concord with temperatures right around 20

Back