• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

It’s like every day the models come up with some sort of different evolution, it’s super irritating, I know models aren’t suppose to do well at that range but it seems like it’s sticking around that range forever, not moving, constantly throwing different looks at us, let’s see what the EPS does

Today's ECMWF run shows a lot of ice without there being much of a CAD in place in the Carolinas. It's something that's not as frequently associated with ice at least around here but it can happen from time to time. Verbatim the 12z ECMWF is the kind of setup you'd see in the southern plains when they get large ice storms.

It’s like every day the models come up with some sort of different evolution, it’s super irritating, I know models aren’t suppose to do well at that range but it seems like it’s sticking around that range forever, not moving, constantly throwing different looks at us, let’s see what the EPS does
The fact we have a a lot of interactions between blocking and multiple tpv's will only make this worse. At this point expect changes with every run.

Our cold keeps getting delayed to day 10. That’s a real issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's EPS looks like it has improved by day 6-7, dropping the TPV a little further south in the northern plains and the wave near Atlantic Canada is deeper = suppressed SE ridge

They haven’t really trended worse, but into more disagreement, which is expected

They all showed a big snow storm yesterday. They are not showing that today. It's either cold rain or more ice and less snow. That's worse to most folks.

Back