• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big problem is the fact even though we get that nice ridge over Ak it gets undercut and we see energy spill down the eastern side of the ridge itself into the PNW and we start to see big systems in that area.There is no good way to tap arctic air with a west to northwest flow across the CONUS thus you get these close call airmasses across the northern parts of the south and near normal to the south. If we were to have a nice western ridge coupled with that Alaskan ridge we would be looking at significantly colder period upcoming but one that might be somewhat inactive since the pacific wave train would be blocked from entering the US. Overall though I see no good reason to punt winter yet....

All I can say is that the GFS is having serious issues. In the meantime, I'm going to make a new music playlist for tonight's 0z run.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Latest weeklies say close the February thread

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Disagree...I'll take my chances with the look for the 2nd half of feb. The big issue would be a loss of all the cold toward Siberia but give me an Aleutian low and western ridge any day

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Disagree...I'll take my chances with the look for the 2nd half of feb

I mean they improve the last week of Feb into March but by then we are pushing our luck

I mean they improve the last week of Feb into March but by then we are pushing our luck

I won't say what I sent you through FB but I will say sometimes you gotta take what you can get

Facebook live coming up in less than 30 mins.

Cant wait to see reactions.

Poor Charlie. Someone peed in his cereal this morning...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean I understand the concern but I'll take the Aleutian low some western ridging and eastern trough look versus a trough in the SW and a ridge in the east.

I mean I understand the concern but I'll take the Aleutian low some western ridging and eastern trough look versus a trough in the SW and a ridge in the east.

Absolutely. It's better then nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

March 1960 says hello!!
#GRASPINGATSTRAWS

Here is a video I just recorded. I hope this clears things up.

March 1960 says hello!!
#GRASPINGATSTRAWS
DGEX will save us! LOL
eta.totsnow192.gif

Who was doing the live stream? Was it SD or Storm5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back