• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's after that second wave. What the..?

wtf.png
Rain with that 540? It must be showing real warm above ....

Shawn,
I know you may be thinking about the 18Z GFS' proposed wave #3 being during primetime for Columbia!
Yeah, that would be good for a chunk of people if it were to get going a bit sooner. Did you take a look at the energy?

So, are we going to have a wave #3 to track for 2/10-1??
Larry, don't think we could handle a 3rd rain storm out of this pattern! It would be mass hysteria and pandemonium

Larry, don't think we could handle a 3rd rain storm out of this pattern! It would be mass hysteria and pandemonium

Mack,
You know there is but one "rainstorm" and he/she left years ago for parts unknown. ;)

Edit: the poster "rainstorm" may be before Mack's time on wx BB's.

Last edited:
Yeah, that would be good for a chunk of people if it were to get going a bit sooner. Did you take a look at the energy?

Oh yes. Of course it may just be Goofy playing around. OTOH, it is primetime climo for a Miller A crossing FL. So, we need to monitor this period since there's a lot of energy flying around along with a nice +PNA and potential cold air to the north.

That system showing up in the 10th-11th...never mind I better not say no further lol.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

540 line that south, would that be more than just rain for AL/GA?
Exactly the same question I raised a few posts back - I'm mobile and can't pull stuff up right now to look, and then have to Skype a client in Tokyo, Japan, in a while, but I'm wondering what 850's and surface temps are modeled to look like then ...

Exactly the same question I raised a few posts back - I'm mobile and can't pull stuff up right now to look, and then have to Skype a client in Tokyo, Japan, in a while, but I'm wondering what 850's and surface temps are modeled to look like then ...
gfs_T850_seus_44.png
gfs_T2m_seus_44.png
Here is the skew-T for the center of the county I am in at 264.
gfs_2017013018_264_34.25--84.0.png

there are MANY cutters on the 18z gfs for the second and possible 3rd wave . MANY

there are about 7 or 8 that have a more miller A type look . most are too warm lol
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think I can see why the 3rd wave if it were to come to fruition is very close to being something that would never be seen again if it worked out. There is tons of energy in Florida with this one at the upper levels. Imagine that working early.

But again the GFS is completely on its own. Every other model is suggesting the worst case scenario possible with the future pattern that would end winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back