• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm totally missing something but I see a bunch of warm moisture coming out of Texas and the 540 retreating - but I'm only out to 240 - and like I said - correct me if I'm wrong

EDIT - Got the rest of the run and I recant - except temps
it had happened by 240..this is a great look

This look somewhat agrees with the 12z Euro EPS. The low could sure enough turn out to be an ULL. I'm not worried about temps right now cause it's too early for that. I don't mind checking the anomalies though.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Song of the nights playlist for GFS!?
" Rain, Rain , go away!
Come back another day"
Or
" you dropped a rain bomb on me"

What makes you figure that? Even if it slides along the coast the backside of the low would amp the high and trough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I was just trying to be positive on the first swing and miss hoping it would help slow the cold air from retreating on the second threat.

Just checked the 2m anomalies they don't look that bad...no torch during that period. 850mb anomalies aren't that bad looking either.

00z cmc has the same look with temps in the 60s......
40f4e9093897845c56a74c06b0285e3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Aww peeps! Don't you know it's the small things that can make a magical winter storm... or just the 'finer things'.. lol!

Well, usually too cold Canadian is warm too? Uh oh.

That was a fun run. I guess I'll try to stay up for the Euro OP. I like where we stand at now with this system. It could be one of those "warm" snow storms that can produce a lot of snow. I don't want to see really cold air because this would dry up moisture and it could just suppress it. So, the warm look right now isn't a bad sign but I don't want to put my conclusions too far.

The CMC goes in basically a totally different direction from the GFS after the first round (which is looking like it's probably going to be a cutter). It goes in the direction of the pacific being very strong and really warming up everywhere in the US outside of the north after it (and I don't mean MA and north).

CMC is terrible outside of 120 hours and it has a lot of toss-able runs. It has crazy runs with almost every storm this far out

CMC is terrible outside of 120 hours and it has a lot of toss-able runs. It has crazy runs with almost every storm this far out
Agree, the CMC starts doing better in that shorter period of the mid range. But, it can have some wild swings in that shorter period and in the short term.

I didn't even know on the CMC, I was just saying the reason for a different direction. The reason for it is it really warms up after the super bowl storm system.

There was someone on twitter though that tweeted something similar to this "The models are going to struggle with the volatility of the potential pattern setting up, so don't be surprised if you see wild swings on the models".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back