• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a weak high pressure system and inverted ridge off of Chesapeake. Otherwise it wouldn't be 37 degrees in Atlanta ahead of the leading fropa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that very weak surface ridge had any baring on that system. If anything it actually aided WAA.

Reactions: IWC
OMG! multiple runs with the finger of doom through here:

gfs_asnow_seus_35.png

On break, just glanced at gfs, my word what a improvement. Regardless of what many ppl say about it I'm getting little more excited

Reactions: IWC
A stronger sfc high is certainly preferred (say 1030+), but the high could still trend stronger. Also, there have been some major SE snows when the nearby high was only at ~1020 mb including 1/1987, 2/1952, 3/1942, and 2/1885 .

By the way, the 0Z Euro is following the colder trend with stronger blocking.

Last edited:
Who is this Spann guy I keep hearing of? Seems like he is God to Alabama.

OMG! multiple runs with the finger of doom through here:
gfs_asnow_seus_35.png
LOL...What a great look! Looks beautiful to see now, but you and I know it's gonna change later today on the model runs. If only this were about 48 hrs out or less, we'd be golden! At least the Euro trended colder.

LOL...What a great look! Looks beautiful to see now, but you and I know it's gonna change later today on the model runs. If only this were about 48 hrs out or less, we'd be golden! At least the Euro trended colder.
some said it would change by OZ, but it improved. Keep hope alive

some said it would change by OZ, but it improved. Keep hope alive
Oh, i'm keeping my hope alive. Just have seen this movie play out too many times and knowing how it typically ends. Never say never though! I've learned that as well. Here's to hoping the trends continue in a positive direction for all of us.

Premin 6Z GFS maps suggest the storm will have colder air to work with, higher pressure to the north, be further south and be weaker. Let's see if that verifies and what happens.

Premin 6Z GFS maps suggest the storm will have colder air to work with, higher pressure to the north, be further south and be weaker. Let's see if that verifies and what happens.

Love the suppressed look this far out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, good run! A good bit colder, supressed and SC bullseye! :)

gfs_asnow_us_41.png
love that second energy coming from the north, good run much colder. Definitely a big potential for the southeast

gfs_asnow_us_41.png
love that second energy coming from the north, good run much colder. Definitely a big potential for the southeast
The runs last night except for the Euro looked like a great step ahead. It certainly looks to be a changed course now. It is suppressed enough that it isn't squashed and south enough that the cold air has potential. If we see the north trend later and the cold keep coming south more we could see something major coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back