• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is really not a whole lot to get excited about wintry wx wise in the SE US with the big storm after the 20th... The airmass is way too warm overall and if anything the general pattern is more supportive of severe wx.

THIS ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry, I'm not really sure a cold March does Atlanta any good. Do you know what the temps were like in March 1993 ? I saw 10 inches of snow that month but don't recall if it was AN or BN for temps.

3/1993 was cool but not cold and not nearly as cold as 3/1890 and 3/1932. I don't see 3/1993 as an analog based on both different ENSO and DJF having been normal. But it too had its coldest in March.

There is really not a whole lot to get excited about wintry wx wise in the SE US with the big storm after the 20th... The airmass is way too warm overall and if anything the general pattern is more supportive of severe wx.
agree 100 percent...im not really even seeing a remotely chance of getting cold in march... going to have your average cool downs behind storm systems that have a better chance at severe wx... fairly confident severe wx fixing to rock pretty soon.

Looks like the all time record at rdu for Feb is 84 we might give that a run for its money

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Looks like the all time record at rdu for Feb is 84 we might give that a run for its money

I just don't get it. Why is it so much freakin warmer in NC than in GA ?? I doubt we hit 70 today. It was only 61 yesterday while Charlotte was like 77 ?

I guess all of those people who said it would be a front loaded winter were right.

For me it was easy to call a front loaded winter just based off ENSO. Strong Ninas torch in Feb, Weak Nina's torch in March...so when folks were saying back loaded it made no sense to me. But I didn't see Dec and Jan going the way it did (warm). The only forecast I've seen nail the entire period for the most part is Webber's.

If only we had cold....
581cdeb0fd766eecc2e36849c3cd2ea8.jpg

9ea5695b5dd6fdd276489d22f532dd26.jpg

Honestly, I'm ready for spring/summer so we can hurry get back to fall/winter to start fresh again, LOL.

It looks like Raleigh has had about 1/2" of snow/ice this winter ? When's the last time Raleigh finished a winter with that little snow ?

Lol. I think that record is safe but the fact that you'll be close is amazing enough.

Lol. I think that record is safe but the fact that you'll be close is amazing enough.

A few places in OK hit 99 yesterday, so it could be worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back