• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the run would be a bit better, looks like we'll have to watch the light moisture ride the 850mb 0c line throughout the event and enjoy our cool rain. What winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FIXED LOL

Reactions: Jon
Yep this storm never slowed down enough, only when it spun around on the west coast for a couple of runs...borderline 850mb temps with moisture moving in from 12-18z isn't going to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked like for a second the initial energy was going to half-way try and get into the Northern Branch and then leave a robust piece to possibly cut back off before instead of shearing.

Broke my heart to see it was just a good looking frame and then by the next, the result was imminent. I'm not confident in this at all anymore. I was hoping something would have slowed/left behind to get the Northern fringes of precip at least.

Reactions: Jon
levity and music - we need it! makes weather and other things taste better :confused:
How about another one bites the dust!? Perfect for this storm and winter!

Probably worth mentioning the GFS has been trending slower & deeper w/ this negatively tilted cut off upper level trough on the front edge of an oncoming wave packet in the past few days. Yikes...
gfs_z500trend_us_18.png

Probably worth mentioning the GFS has been trending slower & deeper w/ this negatively tilted cut off upper level trough on the front edge of an oncoming wave packet in the past few days. Yikes...
View attachment 111
Ouch and you continue to rightfully scare me! Thanks Webb - spot on as always.
Now - please go listen to some music - we've got a bad moon on the rise - Best, Phil

And there's the major EC storm showing up again. The two pieces phases (one in northern stream and another in southern stream) and that's what is creating this major storm. The two pieces will be very important to watch. If the phase occurs further south, look out!

5a0c6d49d437b2444822b280d9a85b8a.jpg

2c0fcc7e0e188481090933e2d70c8da2.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

That is the time period of when the PAC jet has a split flow. It will be very warm before this EC storm occurs, if it does occur. If the phase occurs further south, this storm will be an EC snowstorm. It actually does turn into a snowstorm on the back side. Looks like maybe near blizzard conditions for KY, E TN, and western NC.

That is the time period of when the PAC jet has a split flow. It will be very warm before this EC storm occurs, if it does occur. If the phase occurs further south, this storm will be an EC snowstorm. It actually does turn into a snowstorm on the back side. Looks like maybe near blizzard conditions for KY, E TN, and western NC.

hope you're right - but cold is illusory and fleeting, at best - i'll give you 10 to 1 on wicked

hope you're right - but cold is illusory and fleeting, at best - i'll give you 10 to 1 on wicked
What could possibly go wrong with a Feb 24-26th storm in this winter!? That's already rain on the models!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back