• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we get a huge snowstorm to end the winter? Talk about a epic trolljob

The way things look lately, I would not be surprised to see someone get a big sleet/ice storm. I know they are a little less common this late into Winter, but in the deep south, all bets are off. Northern areas of the SE still have a snowy chance.

The way things look lately, I would not be surprised to see someone get a big sleet/ice storm. I know they are a little less common this late into Winter, but in the deep south, all bets are off. Northern areas of the SE still have a snowy chance.

Pretty much, unless we're talking about a ULL or some convective snow showers, which can happen in March.

Looks a bit closer to a possible phase , barring a squash this run. ULL low is kaput and opened up / wave. So could be a Northern solution this run.

Likely sucks for us.

Looks a bit closer to a possible phase , barring a squash this run. ULL low is kaput and opened up / wave. So could be a Northern solution this run.

Likely sucks for us.

Yep. Looks a little north...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a robust piece is being left behind and more defined in a half phase (or squash) situation. Who knows where this run goes now. Good luck everyone.

Looks like a robust piece is being left behind and more defined in a half phase (or squash) situation. Who knows where this run goes now. Good luck everyone.

The stronger energy hanging back is definitely a good thing, a early phase would spice things up for NC as long as the cold press is solid...can't call this over just yet!

Pretty much, unless we're talking about a ULL or some convective snow showers, which can happen in March.
honest to God - I woke up on July 4, 1978 and it was snowing - 48º but it was snowing - lake effect - so anything is possible - but probable - ??????? got my doubts

2M look hellish through hr 90. 850s draped across NC

By the time 850s and surface cooperate at all, moisture is heading out. Not even making it to NC when the good stuff can happen (2m still sucks). Could still pull a rabbit out, but ugh.

Thought the run would be a bit better, looks like we'll have to watch the light moisture ride the 850mb 0c line throughout the event and enjoy our cool rain. What a winter!

Thought the run would be a bit better, looks like we'll have to watch the light moisture ride the 850mb 0c line throughout the event and enjoy our cool rain. What a winter!

Yeah man. Outside the mountains, 2m were horrible. Even they didnt do too well.

Jon - when you're down - it's hell ... LOL
problem is - you're usually 99.9% there correct.

Rx? o_O

Reactions: Jon
Yeah man. Outside the mountains, 2m were horrible. Even they didnt do too well.

Yep this storm never slowed down enough, only when it spun around on the west coast for a couple of runs...borderline 850mb temps with moisture moving in from 12-18z isn't going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back