• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm whatalife and I approve this message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg

I think the guys that manage this site are hands down running the best weather discussion site that there is. Things don't always have to stay right on topic. That is what makes this place great....it's not micro-managed, so-to-speak. A wide range of opinions are offered here, some more knowledge based than others. It appears you are a little sensitive to the fact that a winter weather event is looking less and less likely for your area, but that doesn't have to ruin you. Look forward to spring, it is a beautiful thing IMO.
Thanks . To piggyback your don't let it ruin you statement . Look, there is nothing wrong with being wrong . It's part of it. There isn't a person out there that gets it right 100 percent of the time. Hell I'm wrong 90 percent of the time and have been for years. That's why I keep coming back. trying to learn from others to at least get down to 89 percent lol.

Like you said different opinions are not only a good thing , they are needed . Everyone needs to be challenged regardless if you know little or alot . As Shane said, we are trying to be more open when it comes to posting. Sure there is banter in this thread but truthfully, there isn't much going on right now . If we were looking at a real threat we would obviously move or delete the banter posts .

I also am of the belief that if someone says something 100 percent incorrect that there is nothing wrong with someone explaining that they are incorrect. Goes back to trying to learn . That is the issue with other boards, people who think they " know everything " pop in say that someone is wrong but then they don't take the time to try and explain to or help that person . The high horse attitude. That attitude is ------ and helps no one.

We want members to be able to say whatever , suggest whatever and to help eachother. Not attack , say people are wrong and have that I know more than you attitude

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This winter reminds me of Mark gottfried....started off well now I'm ready for a change

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

lol I was ready for a change 2 seasons ago...on both fronts. I mean 3/4" of snow for the entire winter??? And losing to Wake Forest by 30? By 30!??!!

Thanks . To piggyback your don't let it ruin you statement . Look, there is nothing wrong with being wrong . It's part of it. There isn't a person out there that gets it right 100 percent of the time. Hell I'm wrong 90 percent of the time and have been for years. That's why I keep coming back. trying to learn from others to at least get down to 89 percent lol.

Like you said different opinions are not only a good thing , they are needed . Everyone needs to be challenged regardless if you know little or alot . As Shane said, we are trying to be more open when it comes to posting. Sure there is banter in this thread but truthfully, there isn't much going on right now . If we were looking at a real threat we would obviously move or delete the banter posts .

I also am of the belief that if someone says something 100 percent incorrect that there is nothing wrong with someone explaining that they are incorrect. Goes back to trying to learn . That is the issue with other boards, people who think they " know everything " pop in say that someone is wrong but then they don't take the time to try and explain to or help that person . The high horse attitude. That attitude is ------ and helps no one.

We want members to be able to say whatever , suggest whatever and to help eachother. Not attack , say people are wrong and have that I know more than you attitude

Really, really good post! +1

Do you need a job as an advocate? I may have one .. LOL (but not) So damn well said!

Believe it or not, this run could little interesting for NC

18z GFS has the PV/northern energy more SW....I wish the ULL would stay together just a little longer, would do a lot for NC if that was the case

18z GFS has the PV/northern energy more SW....I wish the ULL would stay together just a little longer, would do a lot for NC if that was the case

No kidding that run is real close for us.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

gfs_asnow_us_18.png
there's a speck of snow north east Ga. Maybe this could be a trend for that area

I've always seen NC/SC area trending better for this event. Still time for improvement for that area. Very close call

18z NAM vs 18z GFS....let's hope the GFS is right about the PV energy and the NAM is right about the ULL not getting sheared out. As long as the models are this far apart in specifics NC still has a chance
5jSbjH4.jpg

man that was a close run for our NC folks. if I lived there I sure wouldn't give up yet

This run was actually better, kept it self together more. My area almost no chance, area to the east better chance.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_15.png
this can actually get little better for north Bama, moisture shield further north. Little colder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back