• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
who the hell wants to get destroyed, just to say "I watched it on the model" - defies comprehension IMHO
I hate severe weather as much as anyone but whether or not we watch it on the models and analyze it isn't going to change the end game result. Perhaps by us discussing it we may actually help someone out who's in harms way. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I hate severe weather as much as anyone but whether or not we watch it on the models and analyze it isn't going to change the end game result. Perhaps by us discussing it we may actually help someone out who's in harms way. Just my 2 cents

I 100% agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in all honesty, who the hell wants to get destroyed, just to say "I watched it on the model" - defies comprehension IMHO

There needs to be better management of this site. Poor management at keeping things on topic! That's what's happening, members making comments that aren't even revelant of what we're talking about.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
I think the guys that manage this site are hands down running the best weather discussion site that there is. Things don't always have to stay right on topic. That is what makes this place great....it's not micro-managed, so-to-speak. A wide range of opinions are offered here, some more knowledge based than others. It appears you are a little sensitive to the fact that a winter weather event is looking less and less likely for your area, but that doesn't have to ruin you. Look forward to spring, it is a beautiful thing IMO.

in all honesty, who the hell wants to get destroyed, just to say "I watched it on the model" - defies comprehensio n IMHO
you do know I was jk when I made that statement, lol

Serious question, are you a certified meteorologist or did you go to school for meteorology?

I'm not a certified meteorologist. However, I have took some courses and I do have a certificate of completion of meteorology fundamentals from Universal Class. I have earned some CEUs from the courses. I don't get paid so technically I'm not a professional. I just forecast the weather like a professional does.

For example webber pointed out a potential severe look what 14 days out. Certainly grabbed my attention. Whether or not it verifies remains to be seen but the awareness has been raised

Yep. B/c severe weather is much more of an issue for us. Whether we like it or not that's the way we roll in the SE...

Did anyone see a station in Ok hit 100 today.....damn. starting to believe we make a run at 80 tomorrow

Some places in OK and N TX are close to setting Feb record highs today!

Yep. B/c severe weather is much more of an issue for us. Whether we like it or not that's the way we roll in the SE...

agree , severe weather is a far bigger threat to the SE in general vs winter weather ever will be

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So - no severe tonight, no snow tonight - Can I make a suggestion? Go get some good Sat night BBQ, maybe a beer, and lets all reconvene after ... Don't want to suggest abandoning ship, but just thinkin' .... BBQ sounds good about now .... :cool:

So - no severe tonight, no snow tonight - Can I make a suggestion? Go get some good Sat night BBQ, maybe a beer, and lets all reconvene after ... Don't want to suggest abandoning ship, but just thinkin' .... BBQ sounds good about now ,,,, :cool:

I'm whatalife and I approve this message.

So - no severe tonight, no snow tonight - Can I make a suggestion? Go get some good Sat night BBQ, maybe a beer, and lets all reconvene after ... Don't want to suggest abandoning ship, but just thinkin' .... BBQ sounds good about now .... :cool:
I'll be dipping in the beer

I think the guys that manage this site are hands down running the best weather discussion site that there is. Things don't always have to stay right on topic. That is what makes this place great....it's not micro-managed, so-to-speak. A wide range of opinions are offered here, some more knowledge based than others. It appears you are a little sensitive to the fact that a winter weather event is looking less and less likely for your area, but that doesn't have to ruin you. Look forward to spring, it is a beautiful thing IMO.
I understand, the guys here that manage this page is great! Everything don't have to be slam dunk on topic but it needs to be along of what we're talking about and have fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back