• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking over the GFS and CMC, I just though of something. That feature that the CMC has, GFS kinda has the feature, so it could possibly really be something.

Anyway, I wonder if there would be a phase with the storm system that the GFS has been hinting at around the 22nd-24th or so, and that feature coming up from the Gulf (if that feature is really something) will phase. Maybe that's why the GFS was showing a major EC storm on its past runs starting at NC and on northward. The GFS still has the storm on it's 12z run but it's not starting from NC and on northward.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
there is no cold air to play with - it's t-storm weather

there is no cold air to play with - it's t-storm weather
There would be cold air to work with if there is a phase from that weather system that the GFS has been hinting at. Not saying that there will be a phase. It's just a thought.

Edit: Also, the MJO is in a fairly good spot (still in phase 8) during that time period.

The is the GFS ensemble for 23rd...no cold air but that position of low looks great.
eaf2bc13729096c7ff6579c227b80b9f.jpg

yeah no doubt... severe weather is fixing to rock... look for a active spring, perhaps... most active since 2011
Time to lock up this dumpster fire, and move to the severe thread! 70s gonna be the rule for Feb and it sucks, but time to move on!

There would be cold air to work with if there is a phase from that weather system that the GFS has been hinting at. Not saying that there will be a phase. It's just a thought.

Edit: Also, the MJO is in a fairly good spot (still in phase 8) during that time period.

if, if , if - and no adversarial tone or thought intended - the cold air is sooooo far north, it would take an act of God to get enough of it into the SE to bring a "surprise" - not saying it can't or won't happen, but realistically .... :(

The is the GFS ensemble for 23rd...no cold air but that position of low looks great.
eaf2bc13729096c7ff6579c227b80b9f.jpg

I think Einstein said it but "insanity \\,is doing the same thing and expecting different results ! Storms in the perfect path, with no cold = rain! :(

Well, that's something new that the CMC has. It has a low coming up from the Gulf at hr 168. I'm not sure about that, the other models don't have that feature.

That would spread beneficial rains in drought areas without having to deal with severe weather. That's a plus

Listen everyone, this is a weather forum and for that we talk about anything and everything about wdather. This is the February thread so let keep the topic on course. There's no reason for anyone to leave this forum, sure we all have options but let's not be rude to others. This is suppose to be fun not stressful, this is where we should enjoy each other thoughts and analysis, good place to meet and get to know ppl and learn. This is a growing site, let's keep gold

Listen everyone, this is a weather forum and for that we talk about anything and everything about wdather. This is the February thread so let keep the topic on course. There's no reason for anyone to leave this forum, sure we all have options but let's not be rude to others. This is suppose to be fun not stressful, this is where we should enjoy each other thoughts and analysis, good place to meet and get to know ppl and learn. This is a growing site, let's keep gold
Thank you !!!!

Euro and GFS look very similar
Agree 10000%! I don't want to listen to trolls chasing away good members. I really enjoy this site and the people here. Everyone is going to have a different opinion, and saying someone's ideas are not right by calling them out like that is downright Immature. Let's try to not let these things happen again.

What the deuce is going on around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back