• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the track of low will be that far north that's on the 12z Euro. There are more models winning over the Euro with the track of low. There would be a phase if the low would slow down some just like what Larry was saying.

If there was a phase, I think it would occur over SC or just off of the SE coast. If this were to occur, E TN, NE GA, E GA, SC and NC would do good with snow. West of the APPs won't see in much in the way of snowfall. It depends all on the timing!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

uSXTDFYDWpelW.gif
Take this crap to banter.... Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The 12Z EPS mean is supporting the further north track of the 12Z Euro and the NE blizzard.

If you're rooting for a phase and you're outside of the mountains or west, you want a late phase. Unfortunately, they are not the norm lately. It might be better to root for the strong, suppressed ULL solution. If only rooting mattered anyway lol....

I don't think the track of low will be that far north that's on the 12z Euro. There are more models winning over the Euro with the track of low. There would be a phase if the low would slow down some just like what Larry was saying.

If there was a phase, I think it would occur over SC or just off of the SE coast. If this were to occur, E TN, NE GA, E GA, SC and NC would do good with snow. West of the APPs won't see in much in the way of snowfall. It depends all on the timing!

You and me both know that the best solution for our sake is the least likely one. I do think the GFS/CMC was getting close to phasing late but I think that late of a phase probably isn't happening. Either a phase isn't likely to happen or its going to happen too early.

If that's the case I bet all other models start going in that direction soon...SMH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, all those times shaking your head have spun the lows stronger and sent them north! You also know how the Euro has been this year, which leads me to think a middle ground is coming. If the middle ground occurs, we will have a proper path. Cold is the worry.

I don't feel like going back and comparing but it is feeling like to me the GFS is starting to follow the Euro on this storm. It's not stride for stride, but remember that 998 MB low off of the SE coast late last night on the Euro? There was a 999 MB low on the GFS then at 12z today.

The Euro hasn't been as good this year though so perhaps we see another situation like early January though.

Lol, all those times shaking your head have spun the lows stronger and sent them north! You also know how the Euro has been this year, which leads me to think a middle ground is coming. If the middle ground occurs, we will have a proper path. Cold is the worry.
Yes, I'm still going with the middle ground track. The cold will be an issue west of the APPs but maybe not across the mountains and east of the APPs.

Euro will win.
Lol, when has it won that well in predicting storms?
Yes, I'm still going with the middle ground track. The cold will be an issue west of the APPs but maybe not across the mountains and east of the APPs.

I am not entirely set on cold air. Too many different solutions right now, but as we move closer, we should know where the cold will be and if it will phase or not.

That's all she wrote. Virtually every member of the EPS is empty outside the mountains for snow. Now maybe we can talk about the future threats.

If that's the case I bet all other models start going in that direction soon...SMH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't like the more northerly track at all of the 12Z Euro (supported by the 12Z EPS and the 12Z JMA fwiw) vs 0Z Euro. I have been saying that with the extreme +PNA along with the strong -AO that I didn't think the typical N/NW trend of the GFS would necessarily occur. I'm still not convinced that the actual track won't be suppressed and will be NW of the GFS tracks. I would like to remind folks that today's 0Z Euro Gulf coast track was the only one that was nearly that far south as the prior 7 or so runs had a low much further north well inland in the SE US. So, today's 0Z Euro was a southern outlier vs its prior runs. Today's 12Z run was getting back to its norm of the last few days so to speak. It isn't as if the Euro is trending north. That tells me that despite 12Z EPS support, that perhaps the 0Z Euro further south run is a sign that it will go back south on later runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back