• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phasing would usually mean a track further north, which wouldn't be good for most in the SE exept for those who are far enough north/mtns to benefit from the backside. Phasing is excellent for the NE US as we all know. I prefer the Euro slow down, allow more high pressure to the north, and track through the northern Gulf. Then again, I'm not speaking for metwannabe and others pretty far north.

Phasing would usually mean a track further north, which wouldn't be good for most in the SE exept for those who are far enough north/mtns to benefit from the backside. Phasing is excellent for the NE US as we all know. I prefer the Euro slow down, allow more high pressure to the north, and track r
phasing can work well for areas west of the apps as the low strengthens and pulls NE but it's all timing has to be perfect

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Phasing would usually mean a track further north, which wouldn't be good for most in the SE exept for those who are far enough north/mtns to benefit from the backside. Phasing is excellent for the NE US as we all know. I prefer the Euro slow down, allow more high pressure to the north, and track through the northern Gulf.

We are kinda screwed any way. It will remain suppressed I think without a bit of a phase. Problem is the phase has to be just right for say the NE gulf state counties and the NC Piedmont...not sure what I want, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the euro just needs a bigger cold push out front and to be a little slower with the southern stream. it wasn't that far off from being something good especially for eastern tenn and western NC

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Phasing would usually mean a track further north, which wouldn't be good for most in the SE exept for those who are far enough north/mtns to benefit from the backside. Phasing is excellent for the NE US as we all know. I prefer the Euro slow down, allow more high pressure to the north, and track through the northern Gulf. Then again, I'm not speaking for metwannabe and others pretty far north.
You speaking for us, then? LOL

If this wasn't 2016-2017, I would agree, but the suppression is playing hand and hand with the cold source that we do have. If/when this goes north, we can wave bye bye to the cold and even if it's a good climo track, it's just going to be all rain in AL/GA/SC. Maybe a stripe of snow at the top of the precip shield, but not a widespread storm.

In different years, like maybe even 2015, a typical climo track would help but there's not enough snowpack.

If this wasn't 2016-2017, I would agree, but the suppression is playing hand and hand with the cold source that we do have. If/when this goes north, we can wave bye bye to the cold and even if it's a good climo track, it's just going to be all rain in AL/GA/SC. Maybe a stripe of snow at the top of the precip shield, but not a widespread storm.

In different years, like maybe even 2015, a typical climo track would help but there's not enough snowpack.

Dad-blasted Indonesian convection is killing our winter per a pro met. :(
So, let's go kill the Indonesian convection.

Neither is making the front ends of 1&1: :cool: How bout em?
uSXTDFYDWpelW.gif

With that phase on the Euro, there could be some interesting EPS member. I have a feeling that everything is going to be too warm though. The eye of the needle seems to small for this setup with so little cold air around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back